1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi From Cornwall... Tail Tidy Help Please!

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by gt_lad, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Hi all
    I'm completely new to everything Ducati and collecting my new Panigale 899 on Sunday. I've bought an r&g tailtidy but since read that most seem to go for evotech or bruudt(?)... Have I done the wrong thing?!
    Thanks in advance, Mark

2. Who knows and welcome Dave :)

3. hello and welcome mate... dont know bout the 899 and reasons for evotech or bruudt but i have a r&g one on my 748 and think its a great thing and was easy to fit and well made

4. morning.

5. Hello and welcome to the world of Ducati
    They will make you laugh and cry
    Can't help with your question but someone will be a long shortly
    Good luck :)

6. Hello & welcome to the forum. There has been a few threads on this for the 899 a while ago. :upyeah:

7. Personal choice, I favoured the Bruudt, others don't.
    At speed who can see it anyway?
    Parked up, who cares :)

8. Wh
    Whereabouts in Cornwall??

9. Thanks for the reply so far everyone.

I'm in Truro Old Rider.

10. Fine place Truro.
    I was brought up in Penzance and Mousehole.

11. Grown up in Truro. I spend a bit of time down west, not only blasting to lands end (great roads that way!), but my other half is from near Penzance too so often down there visiting folk. Cant wait to take the 899 that way soon!

12. Hello and welcome mate, The R&G is fit for purpose the other two are just fitter for purpose, slightly better quality

13. The Evotech on my old 899

2013-11-30 04.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  14. Yes, there are some great roads, not least Pz to Lands End. Where does she hail from?

15. I think I'm beyond the 14 day return now, never mind, it'll do the job!

16. Well thats the main thing it will do the job and once plate is on you wont notice it that much so it is all good, stuff like that is just down to personal preference.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Yeah i love that road. On my way back i turn off to go past the airport and back to the a30 via Newbridge. Then do it all again if it's quiet!

She's from St Hilary, her Mums from Pendeen and bro in law from Trewellard... Proper down west!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Redruth to Helston via Four Lanes then onto Porthleven for coffee at the Harbour inn is one of my favourite routes, if you don't catch too much traffic of course

• Like Like x 1
  19. I've seen the R&G on a 899 & have an evotech on my 899, better fit , finish & look IMHO.
    The evotech looks smaller & less visible on which is the whole idea in my opinion to get away from the original OEM suspension bridge.
    Costs a little more but I think it is worth it. The evotech is supposed to be easier to fit but seemed fiddly enough at the time ( I needed to remove a fair amount of the rear section- maybe that's just me)

20. On the way back from Lands End towards Pz, you go through a little hamlet called Crows an Wra then, a little further on, the road dips right as it passes through what was a farmyard and then fairly steep uphill left. I was riding a BMW R75/5 up that hill and realised I was doing 85 mph.
    Thinking about it afterwards, I doubted it could be right so next time I did it I tried a bit and found I was doing 90mph.
    Deceptively quick those bikes were...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information