1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi From Near London

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by gareth900, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Just signed up to the forum today - I recently had a problem with my 900SS which was solved by a previous thread, so I thought I'd sign up to say thanks.

My bike is a 1995 900SS which I've had from new, so approaching 22 years old now. It's been stored more than ridden (shame on me!) over the years, but I've been gradually changing bits and pieces. Following is a list of the main mods:

Keihin FCR41 kit from CA cycleworks (including K&N filter and cut away airbox top)
    High output coils
    Small half-fairing from Ducati Kaemna
    Oil cooler relocated
    Scorpion high-level carbon exhausts - could never seem to find any Termis..

Waiting to fit - Silmoto(r) spaghetti exhaust headers. May well be seeking help on these!

Cheers

Gareth

2. Welcome Gareth - nice bikes the old 900ss's :upyeah:

3. Welcome :upyeah:

4. Welcome, please join the map linked below.

Ducati Forum

5. Welcome on board

6. All great mods but the one thing I wish had been available when I had an SS was a starting circuit cable kit.

Maybe you're luckier than me but my SS always had me wondering if it was going to start, even when freshly charged at home and I was even more worried that I would get stranded when out and about.

I swapped my SS for a 999 and thought that would be the end of my starting issues but no, the 999 was very nearly as bad.

What totally cured it was a cable kit, teamed up with an AGM
    battery - best money I've spent on any bike...

As I said though, you may be luckier than me.

Welcome by the way.

Ps, I also put lighter oil in the forks, so the forks deflected instead of the frame...

7. Welcome to our community Gareth.
    Avoid the politics thread.

I'm near Heathrow.... where are you based?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Hello & Welcome

9. Welcome mate

10. Welcome Dave

11. Welcome to the forum

12. I'm between Leatherhead and Guildford

13. I'm down that way often.
    My bro lives at Bramley. Nutter with one leg on a Black Husky Nox or a MTX moped
    .... don't ask it's a charity thing for a mate who died of Renal cancer.

14. Good to hear he's back riding:)

15. He was back before I was .... :):upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information