1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Honda Fireblade 2017 Prices

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by duke63, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Base bike over £15k and the SP not much change from £20k.

2. Thanks for that :)

3. I heard this from a Honda dealer earlier, I'd say he pricing is ambitious to be honest ..

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Let's see if I can guess where the next post is going..............:)

[​IMG]

#4 Robarano, Jan 12, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  5. Bloody Brexit.......

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Just kidding :)

I'd simply buy the s1000rr or R1 and be done with it

7. The Yen is about the same as it was from 2009 to 2014 on average so nothing to do with Brexit again - profiteering maybe?, but who buys Honda's anyway?!?!? - they make jolly good sellotape dispensers though :D

8. 15k....ill stick with my "just how I want it" rsv4 factory....

• Like Like x 1
  9. I like the new blade, prices do seem high though for what will be a bike as exciting as a tin of Magnolia paint.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. So would I ! Stunning machine

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Problem is, the competition. Pretty sure this is more expensive than a base s1000rr? Which is basically the benchmark road bike if we're being honest.
    It's more than a zx10... it's roughly the same as the new r1..

And it's not a completely new bike. I hope for hondas sake that it's an absolute gem of a bike, it'll need to be at 15 grand.

Let's face it as well, horse power does sell bikes.. and with the new gsxr illegidly making more power than the BMW, I fear Honda may not bridge the gap and get left behind.

12. Yup... Love it still... Not a new one but an old, no electronics jobbie... Which is how I like it....

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

13. I don't think you'll find a bad bike amongst the new generation but, Honda do keep banging on about the fact it's not a pure bred racer which tells me they're letting people down gently...

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Baffles me though because they know what they're up against

If they're going to go at it half hearted why even bother!

15. Yep.... Definately. Having said that just to play devils advocate they might have the right angle as mcguiness has been winning (or coming around the top) at the tt on an eight year old bike....

16. I think a lot of that has to do with him though ...

And the fact that the Honda team have so much data! You'll notice it's falling behind now that the other bikes also have base set up data tried and tested...

17. Yes. Very true but allowing for mcguiness's skill 8 years and its only just becoming uncompetitive now is pretty good going.... Kind of akin to the 1199 now in wsb.... It's getting interesting....

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Don't underestimate the new bike. The chasis might be the same (it's a great road racing chasis) but bosch leccy as per BMW s1000rr and a big motor in the SP is a game changer.

19. Yes... Also agreed... While I'm not interested in any of the new stuff (as it's totally out of my price range) it still makes for incredibly interesting reading, watching and racing.

20. Isn't it 15+ ponies at the fly down on the current crop of sport bikes though?

I just feel (sadly) that it's not going to sell all that well.

I say sadly because I have a soft spot for Honda

Do Not Sell My Personal Information