1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hoppers Back On A Ducati

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by quantuman, Nov 30, 2016.

• Like Like x 2
  1. He's a good choice !

2017 is looking like it's going to be ridiculously competitive

Wonder what's going on with Tommy Hills team..

2. Well they are selling the bikes for 42k so doesn't look positive :-(

Hopper is going to be great on the Ducati I'm genuinely convinced. He would have had quite a few more podiums with a bit more reliability last time he was on it and the Yamaha apparently lacked a lot of engine power as it didn't have the same spec as when Brooke's was using it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Yes, reliability issues last time so lets see how the Team get on in 2017! May even have to attend one or two :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Getting hold of Shakeys old bikes would be a good start?

5. Yes, Paul Bird is a lovely chap. He'd be more happy to share secrets to give himself less advantage, that is just the sort of guy he is...... :tearsofjoy:

(I know you weren't seriously suggesting he would, but the image of a caring sharing Paul Bird did make me giggle!)

6. Am hoping Rapido get the same factory support this year, but suspect the budgets between the two teams is substantial.

Best imho is occasional pit and showdown. Which would be mega ! Given the teams around that area have multi millionaire owners and backers. :)

7. Well one area where PBM have a theoretical advantage is electronics as Ducati fly over a technician for every race (which also makes a slight mockery of them banning electronic aids in bsb to save money as they are doing it all with super detailed ignition and fuel tables).

MR have Wilf, he wants to do it all himself from what I gather because he learns from it and it's 'his' bike. Likewise he can use products like storm exhausts and try out new things on the bike rather than tow the factory line on it all.

Hopefully hopper will bring some money in, maybe a few Monster logo's will appear on the bike, he is definitely a sponsor drawing a name!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Wilf does like to do a lot himself, but am certain if the factory said 'we're sending a technician' he'd be the first at the airport with his hat on driving him back ;)

PBM is just so much bigger a team than MR, remember other than Hopper they haven't had any real 'success' if you categorise that as top 5, never mind top 3, so big sponsors are unlikely to come along, just personal sponsors and this who support MR. Maybe Hopper can do that, and add some needed resources. :)

9. Yep, I see this as a building year, get into the showdown and get a bigger sponsor for the next year. What MR do with about 8 staff is just incredible.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Will PB be competing last years bike for 2017?

11. I believe so, both of Shakey's bikes are back at the PBM unit today.

12. Woww, good insider knowledge, thanks

13. They will have changes, they always do, look at the Payme Yamaha, allegedly ex mill wake bit no way was that the bike Brookes took the title on :)

14. Wonder what will happen to the 4 Tyco race Suzuki's that got stolen the other day?

15. The BMW's u mean? They are already being prepped to be run in a race series I'm sure

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. I wonder if it will be UK or abroad. BTW anyone know if they ever tracked those WD40 bikes down? Clearly they carried on the season, but dunno if it was the original or newly built bikes.

17. Moto Rapido and Hopper's Panigale was at the London show at the weekend, smart looking bike...

33014494895_37f3d530dc_k.jpg 32973003546_4b0ec98f9b_k.jpg 32973005686_00d1f36fed_k.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1

18. All they found were a wheel, calipers and brake lines as far as i was aware?

19. Not really a panigale fan but hoppers race bike looks feckin stunning

Do Not Sell My Personal Information