1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Good Are The Sil Motor Headers?

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by HairyWolfhound, Apr 23, 2017.

1. For £600 new, are they worth getting to go with some unbranded absorption type cans on my 1995 900SS?
    They say you get an 8hp increase in the midrange.
    I have some 39mm FCRs waiting to go on too.

2. Forgot to reply to this.

So firstly, 41mm are the usual for the 900, the 39mm can be used and I think they are meant to be better lower down the revs. The 41mm absolutely fly when on song. More top end. Youll just get a different power delivery as the 39s are recommended for the 600 and 750.

Anyway as re the pipes, when I got the Sil cans I couldnt stop thinking about the full system, eventually caved in to my inner lust and got them for about £540. A hell of a lot of money.... So I can tell you this, the bore is larger, they look awesome, and they are light as hell, thought the box was empty! You get no plugs for the threaded holes, I had to make a couple on my lathe, easy done. I have since found they are no Spaghetti headers like the Termi system, gets a bit technical but basically the cylinders exhaust ports are not flowing the same, apparently the Termis are designed slightly better....good luck finding some of them.

So I have other mods, high comps, 41mm FCRs, lightened flywheel and upgraded ignition. When it wasnt running great I got it dyno'd and it was putting out 84 Rwbhp. This was without the Ignitech connected.

Hope that helps a bit. If you have the money, they are very nice. I need to add that my bikes a keeper, thats why its been a money pit...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Who is claiming 8bhp for manifold pipes?

4. Yeah, I got the 39s because I don't often rev my ss that hard. Not got them on yet though.
    Here's the link claiming the extra midrange power.

Silmotor Exhausts - Dave Wood Racing

5. The headers dont quite look like that image.

20160323_123507.jpg

20160612_203931.jpg

6. I never owned any but know people that have and know someone that makes them...I'd be reckoning on about 1bhp!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information