1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT How Much Power Your Multi Have?

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by victit, Jan 2, 2017.

1. First Hello and Happy New Yeararaararara to all!
    So i got that Hp power at 1st of 2017 in a ride yesterday!
    Is that app true or what?
    I have Full body Termingnoni with upmap and K&N air filter!
    Screenshot_20170101-204708.png

2. Stick it on a dyno, you'll be lucky to see 135 RWHP ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. welcome, join the map below in red!

4. Hello & welcome

5. The app isn't very accurate

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. The app is reading live data from the bike .. so our bikes are fake?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Its reading revs vs gear and calculating a figure based on an app algorithm would be my guess. It isn't maturing anything as such. Its like using a GPS watch that calculates cal burned and power etc, its just estimated. Think you will find max power is around that rev :)

8. I dont think so .. i did watch the app how it work on riding. For example in straight road 150 on 5 gear at 5000 the app shows 30hp at that moment. The question is can the app show more than 160hp?? If NOT then yes the app is "lying". And the 160 that i got there is from 2gear on a car passing.

9. Its marketed as 160hp @ 9500. Not sure how an ECU can measure actual power when it doesn't have a ruling resistance to use as a gauge. All engines will vary slightly in power. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Bradders is correct as there is no calibrated resistance for your wheel to push the only way your app can be measuring torque is via an algorithm and there is no way it can be accurate

Torque x RPM / 5252 will get you approximate HP

You would need to input correct weight of the bike - using the manufacturers advertised weight unfortunately won't be close to your real weight, now add to that your weight, plus the weight of the fuel/oil, plus the weight of any extra equipment kit you are wearing etc; plus a dead flat piece of road, take your measurement and calculate any frictional losses, then you might stand a chance of getting close.

Then stick it on a calibrated dyno and weep when your numbers are very different

A dynamometer determines the power an engine produces by applying a load to the engine output shaft (WHEEL) by means of a water brake, a generator, an eddy-current absorber, or any other controllable device capable of absorbing power. The dynamometer control system causes the absorber to exactly match the amount of TORQUE the engine is producing at that instant, then measures that TORQUE and the RPM of the engine shaft, and from those two measurements, it calculates observed power. Then it applies various factors (air temperature, barometric pressure, relative humidity) in order to correct the observed power to the value it would have been if it had been measured at standard atmospheric conditions, called corrected power.

Now tell me your phone App can do all that

11. How thick is a whale omelette ?

• Funny Funny x 3
  12. No idea what it means but did make me laugh.

Probably not as think as the ones my wife makes me occasionally (omelettes is one thing she can't do!!) :upyeah:

13. The only reason it's saying 160hp is because that's what ducati advertises. It has no meaning regarding the actual power the bike is producing.
    The algorithm is something like this. Bike seems to be at high rpm = display 160hp

14. Not true

Screenshot_20170104-174025.png

Screenshot_20170104-174122.png

15. You understand torque x revs equals power, right? So it can't be (without some extra factor like atmosphere or change in mapping) that more revs equal less power. May well be that its a bit more complicated that described above but it won't be much...will be calculated somewhere whether in ECU or in the cloud processing it :)

#15 bradders, Jan 4, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
  16. The app won't be accurate

17. Yawn!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Downhill.....

19. I'm now confident that the OP is taking the piss...

20. I didn't understand your "sarcastic" comment.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information