1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cafe Racer I Miss My Full Throttle!

Discussion in 'Scrambler' started by Nigel Machin, Apr 4, 2017.

1. since chopping in my FT and getting the dvt, I kinda miss the raw simplicity, don't get me wrong I love the dvt it's a phenomenal piece of kit but for popping to the pub on a sunny evening, with jeans on I don't think you can beat the scrambler! So much so that I'm off to test ride this, I think it's got that sort of timeless look that won't look out of place in a few years time and it will compliment the multi! IMG_1133.JPG IMG_1134.JPG

• Like Like x 7
  2. Know what you mean, which I'd kept my 1995 900ss.
    It had its faults but bags of rawness. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Completely agree and that's why I bought my Scrambler Classic as a second bike.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Know what you mean chopped my FT in for New Multistrada miss the Scrambler lookaly i have a cafe racer on order

• Like Like x 1
  5. Know what you mean, that's why I bought my 1098R to compliment my 1098 SFS :Bucktooth:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Did you test ride the cafe? how did it compare to the FT?

7. No didn't test ride the café racer looked at it that it's a FT with a new set of clothes

• Like Like x 1
  8. Test ride the cafe racer and ordered one toot sweet!! Should be here at the end of the month

• Like Like x 3
  9. Cafe Racer will be here 1st week in May having a ride on one next Saturday

• Like Like x 1
  10. It's got smoother delivery, turns in really quickly and has better brakes than my FT, Seating position is reasonably comfortable and not too much weight on wrists, although I was only out for an hour, what's not to like?.....a hoot and can't wait:)

#10 Nigel Machin, Apr 5, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  11. How does the gearing compare ? I have the italia independent & I find that in slow moving traffic in 1st & 2nd its a bit lumpy...1st gear too low & 2nd too high...apart from that its great.

if you like Café Racers you might like these:sunglasses:

Image0054.jpg

Image0149.jpg

#11 Greaser, Apr 5, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  12. Sounds great just hope it hasn't been sanitised to much and made the same mistake as the Japanese always did when they updated models they always seem to loose something

13. It seemed smoother with less "jerkiness" I haven't looked into the gearing ratio's so can't advise wether these are different, the only thing that caught me out was the massive play on the throttle compared to me multi :)

14. As a DVT owner I completely agree! Although for me the attraction as a second bike is the Desert Sled.

Btw here is a picture of my old cafe racer from back in the day...

IMG_1012.JPG

• Like Like x 5
  15. Had a sit on the sled, v tall and designed for some trail riding, something I'd never do so not a consideration as my choice was channeled into something I'm going to keep! I think the cafe raceri will always look kinda retro but not "old" if you know what I mean!

16. Desert Sled was to tall for me as well plus i won't be going off road, i think the cafe racer will be a future classic

• Like Like x 1
  17. The Desert Sled is my second bike to my multi, and it's a great choice

Easy to ride, very nimble, great street bike, great height in traffic, and the standard tyres grip the road very well if you want to press on a bit, not mega powerful (especially compared to the multi) but you would be surprised how quick you can make progress

And have some serious fun to boot

Do Not Sell My Personal Information