1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Iannone Starts Well, Only To Finish Eighth At The British Gp

Discussion in 'Front Page Articles' started by mattmccabebrown, Sep 3, 2014.

1. After two cold and unpredictable days the sun shines on the Silverstone circuit, where Pramac Riders Iannone and Hernandez finish eighth and eleventh.

Andrea Iannone made good start that allowed him to gain a couple positions. After some spectacular overtaking Andrea gained up to sixth place, a position that he held until the fifteenth lap. Forced to slow down by the wearing out of rear tire he had to give up two positions and finish the race in eighth position. Ever since this morning Andrea did not have a good feeling with the bike, and then in the race rear tire begun stopped doing it’s job. The rider from Abruzzo demonstrated the ability to ride over the difficulties and to be able to bring home results even in difficult conditions. Now he heads straight to Misano.
    Even Yonny Hernandez started the race on the right foot, gaining positions in the early stages of the race from the first laps and finished in eleventh position. The first half of the race he managed to keep a very fast pace, taking the group from sixth to eleventh. For the hole race Yonny fought with the riders at the end of the race finished in the mid positions, with which the Colombian gave a beautiful show and finished the race in eleventh place. Yonny is satisfied with his race, despite that he had to contend with a rapid wear out of the tires. At the same time he knows that he has something extra inside himself that would allow him to finish a race in the top ten.
    Andrea Iannone
    “It was a tough day today, since the warm up this morning I had no feeling with the bike, I thought I could have done better. I am very disappointed with this result, unfortunately I struggled a lot. I could not brake hard and put the bike in the corners. After a few laps I lost all of grip in both entering and exiting the corners, making riding the bike even more difficult. I gave my best from the start of the weekend and we hope to improve the result at Misano! “
    Yonny Hernandez
    “I’m happy to have finished the race in the points, bad luck is gone! The rear tire towards the end of the race had no grip so fighting for the top ten was impossible. I want to solve this problem I have with the tires I want to be able to fight for the top ten positions from the next race. “

Read the whole post here.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information