1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm considering buying one of these

Discussion in 'Diavel & XDiavel' started by duc13, Jan 27, 2013.

1. ..... , Have been on sports bikes for years and rode one of these a while back when they came out (demo ride),
    and was well impressed.
    Wouldn't mind a bit of comfort now days, (yes, getting older) anyone in the same position that have made the change?
    How have you found it?
    There will always be a sports bike in the shed but was thinking that one of these would be a lot more comfortable day
    to day proposition?

2. Ummm......what is it?

3. I'm guessing that as the OP posted in the Diavel thread, they're considering buying a Diavel. Haven't ridden one myself, but it's one of very few "grown up" bikes (apart from my 696) that I could consider riding, given my short legs.

I think Stressed Hippo on this forum is a recent Diavel convert, but forget whether his background was on sports bikes.

4. 2 words, first word 3 syllables, a motorcycle.....................

6. Not ridden one but if I was heading custom bike route I would

think it depends on the type of riding you intend to do; all road leisure miles as a medium pace or sracthin thru the twisties pegs a scraping...

7. I think it does all those things. The brakes are the same as on a superbike they just feel even more powerful with a lower centre of gravity, and there's no weight on your wrists when hard braking. If you look at a lot of the second hand ones they've often got a high mileage so people are using them, probably for touring. My only criticism is the rear shock, on a bumpy stretch of road its incredibly hard and despite adjustment nothing really improves it. I've had loads of Monsters, Sportclassics, SS's, 996 and at the moment I wouldn't change my Diavel for anything. And its the most beautiful looking bike out there :biggrin:

8. Cant imagine it would scratch that well, I hear the bike has more clearance than expected but think progress chasing a sports or even tourer bike would be 'interesting'. But not ridden one so guess rather than fact

9. I've got one and there is nothing it cannot do. Go ride one and take your wallet. It really is all the bike you will ever need

10. From reports you might find it's the other way round!

11. I do know a couple who have tested it and they were quickly scraping pegs and boots when tbh they cant/dont on sports bikes or Multi's. plus I'm scared if I try one I'll want one, bit like a Harley with tassles ;-) lol

12. I agree with ShaunR, I've had mine round the Nurburgring and it's fantastic!

13. Thanks for the reply's guys. I can def see myself on one . Was suprised at how quick they were when I took that demo for a run.
    Also was a little suprised at the handling, a lot better than I had thought.
    As Said ,I will most likely always have a sports bike in the shed but a Diavel would be more comfortable day to day.

And @Alf I'd love to ride one round the Nurburgring, (you lucky bastard) in fact anything round the Nurburgring would do me!!

14. Arrr...the Ring...memories of scraping my stamd and pegs flat in 5th on ST2 and my mates face when we got back from all the sparks every corner!

15. Ahh, daivel... I was posting via tapatalk, couldn't see it.

16. Well I ended up getting the Dark, picked her up the other day and haven't had much of a chance to do many K's yet.
    One thing for sure though she's a lot more comfortable (for me) than my 1098S that I traded.
    Couple of pics, cos I can :tongue:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  17. Nice machine you've got there!

18. That dark version is definitely the best looking Diavel - the dark look works well.

19. How's that "Dark" finish lasting? It's gorgeous in the showroom but after being spattered with high speed bugs and stone chips followed by a few cleanings, how does it hold up?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information