1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Icon I'm Considering Getting A Scrambler

Discussion in 'Scrambler' started by panigale66, Jan 26, 2017.

• Like Like x 3
  1. New price was about £7,000 at the time. The Termi was another £900, so OTR price was probably about £8,000. 2nd hand, irrespective of the mileage, it's immediately worth 20% less in my opinion as the VAT has been paid bringing it down to £6,400. So the price isn't far off the mark, £5,500 might be more realistic given the miles.
    ABS is standard on all Scramblers.

• Like Like x 1
  2. I paid £6400 for a 66 plate with 860 miles on it but no Termi exhaust so might be at Top end of what you should pay, but what do I know I may have overpaid for my baby.

Bye the way, it is a thing of beauty and I just smile every time I ride it out.

Great purchase and most importantly great fun.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bought mine new, bloody love it. Get one, ride it, love it!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Yamaha dealer trying to recoupe an over generous trade in. Offer him less. Andy

5. Got mine from Pro Twins brand new on an excellent deal. Love it. Go for it!

• Like Like x 1
  6. There's a lot of used Scramblers around price seems a bit high, as long as it's been serviced properly the milage isn't a issue. I have a FT love it got a Cafe Racer on order got the OK from the management to keep the FT so all good

• Like Like x 1
  7. Brilliant little bikes. Definitely recommend one as a second bike. :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Ps. If you do decide to buy it make sure that the side stand recall is/has been done :)

• Like Like x 2
  9. Id just come here to say the exact same thing!!!

10. I wasn't that impressed with the one at Wigan, it needed new front tyre, service and a full valet but I think some bits are to far gone! Anyway I think it was more like a 5K bike not 6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. What recall?

12. Not sure about the price but to be honest the fact you might possibly have bought from a non Ducati dealer could have made the purchase smoother. You obviously wouldn't have had to pass the 'hipster appearence test' and the lack of a shirt that looks like it was made from an old table cloth would have ment zilch.

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  13. I think dealers have been getting the parts in before they contact people.

14. Get one great bike, Only Flaw I have is the amount of crap that covers the headlamp after a ride in wet/bad conditions

IMG_00002257.jpg

15. You should get a letter from Ducati UK if you are the registered owner. Its safety recall CR129 if its your scrambler or future scrambler that's affected.

The recall is really simple, its the side stand pivot being faulty, so pivot bolt is upgraded and revised torque setting etc.

Btw its a superb bike. I bought it as a second bike to my track bike, but use mine nearly every day....therefore my track bike = second now! Picture of mine below with its commute bags which are quick release removed for Sunday local blasts!

File 02-02-2017, 11 55 13.jpeg

#17 asif_15, Feb 2, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Ooh I like those bags................who, what, where, when, how etc? :)

17. Haha nice...they are ultra cool and carry all my stuff for work, waterproofs, tools etc. They are from the Legend Gear range made by SW Motech, see link by products - Legend Gear - SW-MOTECH

I got mine from these guys Ducati Scrambler (14-) & Sixty2 (16-) - Legend Gear Pannier Set from SW-Motech > Legend Gear Bike Specific Pannier Sets
    Cost me £365 including delivery and took me about 30 mins to get all set up. The bags are really high quality and the bike looks great with them on or off.

Go for it!

• Like Like x 1
  18. It's looking like I'm going to get a yellow icon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information