1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Icon I'm Considering Getting A Scrambler

Discussion in 'Scrambler' started by panigale66, Jan 26, 2017.

1. As long as you recognise it's a good second bike you will have a laugh on it :)

2. It's only really for going to work and nipping about on

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. Red ones are the fastest!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. That looks fantastic, what engine size/model is that?
    Really like the frame and wheel colour.

5. Icon. 803cc like the others

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Think penigale66 is not the only one considering a scrambler

7. Its a limited edition Scrambler called the Italia Independent as they are an Italian brand who customised it. There were 1077 made available worldwide and I believe 33 made it to the UK. I was lucky to get one as they were snapped up although I have seen a couple for sale on eBay, one of which has been in an accident and is now repaired.

8. I've picked this one [emoji106]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  9. Flat bars and termi to be fitted

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yellow !!!! .....:Jawdrop:

11. Very nice,
    I've wanted an Icon for a while now, just been watching the price's as they haven't been out long and second hand price's are not that low yet, i want one for me and Mrs Roadtrip she said get one if i sell my 748 and I'm not to keen on that at the moment :Wideyed:

12. Did exactly that. Very few pangs for my 748 and love the Scrambler to bits. If you've another bike for sporty riding then do it. If the Scrambler is to be your only bike then you might find you miss the "special" feeling of the 748.

13. We have both sat on a few and found the seat height is perfect for both of us, she can touch the ground flat footed and it was great for her getting on and off the bike and didn't have to climb up to get on it like getting on the 748,

I also have an 848 so i can still get the super bike feel :upyeah: its just parting with the 748 that gets me but can't have them all.

14. I have a 959 and a Scrambler so I echo the above point that if you have both, you the best of both worlds....having said that not sure I would ever sell a 748 if I had one....

• Like Like x 1
  15. Rode to Hyside ducati on Saturday for an mot and had a good sit and look at the scramblers and i prefer the lower handle bars on the Full throttle to the Icon higher bars, then i took a look at the cabinet with all the bolt on goodies inside :) i find i keep scratching that itch.

Panigale66,
    You got the bike and been for a run yet.

16. Was it you I was chatting to in Hyside on Sat? I own the II Scrambler and the 959 I was tracking at Snetterton yesterday and we were talking about you riding 2 up on a Scrambler?

17. Yes it was, small world.
    It was good to have a chat and get your opinion :upyeah:

I hope it didn't rain to much for you at Snetterton, next time you should try the Scrambler for a track day could be fun.

18. Amazingly did not rain at all at Snetterton and I got a chance to test the bike. Overall pleased but needs some small mods...

I would test the Scrambler at somewhere like Brands but too tempting to take the Pani!

Let me know if you need any more arm testing re the Scrambler. If I was buying one from current stock I would go for the Orange Classic. You can also get some good ones on eBay that have been loaded with extras if you dig around...

Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Not yet just waiting on the bars to be delivered and fitted hopefully this week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  20. I went out for a couple of hours on my Classic this afternoon. Such fun.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information