1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In Deeeep Do Dos !

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Android853sp, Feb 18, 2017.

1. Supposed to be going out for a run tomorrow so time to check the bikes this afternoon. Tried to move Carole's Diavel which hasn't been out for several weeks and the front calipers are seized. Okay, plan A, fit my spare M4s that have all been cleaned and new pads and clip fitted. Easy ? No ! Have put about 250ml of fluid through, clean and no bubbles at the calipers but no pressure at the lever. Taken them off and fitted just 1 and pumped through, nothing at the lever. What do you think, air lock at the ABS manifold ? HELP :Banghead:. Andy

2. Hi
    Have you bled the master cylinder , you might have a bit of air up there.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. I had something like this before and was air in the m/c iirc

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. My 996 did this with
    clutch slave this week, just kept squeezing lever, release bleed nipple, tight bleed nipple, release lever. Took a while but eventually pressure built.

And don't forget cable tie on lever overnight.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Are you reverse bleeding?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Bit personal :kissingclosed:

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Didn't think that there was one but just looked at the parts list and what I thought was the reservoir securing screw appears to be the m/c bleed screw. Andy

8. I wasn't but came up with a potential way of doing that at 1:30 this morning. I'll give anything a try ! Andy

9. anything?

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  10. Had a rough sleepless night, feel jaded and a bit second hand this morning so have yet to get my arse in gear. Andy

11. 3 1/2 hours late but we have a firm lever. Combination of discovering the m/c bleed valve which isn't obvious and using a 5mm long hex key in the m/c instead of the lever, much more piston movement and you can get some good flow through the system. Still used (another half litre of fluid). Thanks for the help again people, this is part of what makes this forum (better) different. :upyeah: Andy

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information