1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

848 Ingnition Switch Cover Nut Size? - Help

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Andy OC, Dec 31, 2016.

1. Hi all and happy new year!

I need help. I managed to get round to fixing an Immobiliser error today as a result of having an after market carbon cover, but when tried to replace the ignition switch cover I dropped one of the nuts and now can't find it, does anyone have a link to where I can buy some more - cheap The nut as per the Ducati parts diagram is 75011491A.

Cheers
    Andy

2. Hi Andy,

I cant help with the nut issue, but I'm interested to know how you resolved the immobiliser issue?

Everytime I wash my bike, I the get the 37.5 fault! As soon as I lift my carbon keyguard off, the bike starts no problem.

The coil is positioned as high up the ignition barrel as it can go and works every time when the surrounding areas are dry but as soon as its wet, it cant detect the key when the guard is in place.

Any help would be appreciated.

IMG_2829.JPG

3. take the other nut off take it to screwfix or any hardware shop and they should be able to match it up

4. Hi Lee,

Saw a YouTube video of an guy who had the same issue. Basically from what I recall the OEM cover has a clip that the antenna ring is attached to, keeping it in exactly where it should be, with the Carbon Cover not so, so to hold it centrally I bought some jumbo foam weather strip 19mm wide x 11mm thick, which was only a few quid from the bay, I then cut small strips to fit exactly the inside circumference of the immobiliser anttena, this then needed to be compressed first to fit over the key barrel, it then expands holding the antenna ring in place. After fitting the foam I checked before fitting the cover and no error, then fitted the CC cover and again no error, took the key out and checked about 10 times so a nice cheap fix. So far so good but too soon to prove this is a long time fix. I hope that helps mate.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hi Penfold,

Good call. I do this when I'm out and about. For an OEM one was going to cost 5.5€ but the big shock was 9€ to deliver!! I think I'll get by and whilst I'm doing the battery cable upgrade which I ordered yesterday I might find the nut.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thanks Andy, i think I watched the same video some weeks ago.

I got double sided tape (from halfords) and packed out the top of the ignition barrel before securing the ring in place.

It works perfectly when the bike is dry, but as soon as water hits the surrounding area it wont work unless the cover is removed..... weird!!

Ill persevere and see how i get on.

Thanks though.

7. Hmm looks like we are in the same boat. I suppose most of the time should be ok, unless we can reduce water getting in and around the antenna. One thought is to obtain and install a thin rubber O ring that is slightly bigger than the key cover aperture , but smaller than the key barrell so the compression when the cover is secured down will reduce the water getting in. I must admit I am yet to see a post on any of the forums that will give a definitive explanation why this issue happens and a cheap 100% solution, so I am keen to see how you get on too.cheers

Do Not Sell My Personal Information