1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Insurance Time.....

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Spikelikemike, Jan 14, 2017.

1. Any suggestions......

43 1yr NCB on the 899 quotes coming in at 650 mark with 1k+excess

Alot cheaper than last year but sure you guys can help me screw it down.....

2. Who've you tried?

3. Did go compare which covers teh usual suspects - Go Skippy / MCE cheapest.

Was going to call Ducati Insurance monday with any other recommendations....

4. Carol Nash, motorcycle direct are two of the bigger names in insurance. Also try a random local high street broker. Oh, and always deduct £70/100 from other quotes when you are asked what the competition has offered. In my experience I've found they will charge you whatever they can get away with.
    Good luck.

5. Been with Ducati Insurance for a couple of years now good price and very helpful.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. I use Bikesure on a multi bike policy and find them reasonable its worth a chat with them ...... happy hunting !!

7. When you say helpful, have you had to claim whilst being with them?

8. The Question was aimed ar Roadtrip, and as I'm not with Ducati insurance is the reason I asked.

9. Sorry picked up on the wrong thread .... this reply was not aimed at you :sunglasses:

10. Principal. About £240 FC. Can't remember excess but around £400 maybe.

11. No not made a claim, but when i first got my Ducati 3 years in March i had been riding two strokes for years and not ridden a 4 stroke in 11 years and also had 10 years max no claims but on a classic policy for my 350 lc and Kr1-s which unknown to me i lost all my no claims after two years because of the classic policy :Nailbiting: , so when i came to insure the Ducati it was an eye opener i was getting quotes of 1k as i was being treated as someone with no no claims and a new rider (not ridden a bike for 10 years) it was a bloody headache to sort out.

My 848 (s) which has 1098s Ohlins front and rear and 1098s carbon bits and slash cuts which had all the work was done by Snells (they put together about 8 bikes like this). The headache to get insured combined with all the mods to the bike just multiplied the problem big time but when i contacted Ducati insurance they were very helpful and understood what mods the bike had and my situation with my classic policy which i had with Carol Nash, (i did get a letter from C/Nash to say i had been insured with them on the classic policy)

My cover is fully comp and started at £500 for the year and has come to down to around £350 now for an 848 and 748 but next quote is in March and I'm 50.

So to sum it up Ducati Insurance were a great help :upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Try Hastings direct.

13. Ducati Insurance came out the best for me last year, a few months yet until renewal due this year. No experience making a claim from them, which hopefully will continue...

14. Always worth checking the Martins Money Tips website.
    It can make a difference how you describe your job. The same job described in different ways can have different levels of risk associated with it.

15. MCE are normally cheapest BUT, they have some of the highest excess's, not brilliant customer services and if you cancel before completion, they scrap the pro rata refund after the first 30 days with what is left pretty much swallowed up in "fee's"

I would probably put razor blades up my penis before using them again.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. With mce.... Rsv4, hypermotard 1100 and 2014 z1ooo insured for 525.00. High ish excess (450 per bike) but all fully comp. 48 this year.... As someone just said they'll get what they can. They wanted 100 quid more as my wife had an accident in the car (on my insurance and not her fault) but I argued it down. Hoping for a better price this year as an accident drops off...

17. Strangely to add my 525 supermoto they wanted another 300 quid.... So its sorned...

18. Found you can at worst get 10-20% off.

Use comparison sites to get 'cheapest quote'.

Call company not listed in comparison sites (Cornmarket is one I've used), tell direct company you've had a quote and want one form them, provide your reference number from comparison site, then can usually knock money off. You can try and take this to another direct company for further saving.

19. Thanks all - gonna go shopping tomorrow with under £500 the target.

20. I'm with Hastings, £135 fully comp for the 998 FE. I'm 46 with a good few years of no claims.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information