1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 Intermittent Engine Management Light

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by DRR117, Feb 17, 2017.

1. So, ive not long had my 1299S, I bought it second hand so i don't have a dealership to go back to complaining. I love the bike but the engine management flashing on and off was starting to get annoying. Never ridden one before so didn't have anything to compare the ride to. Plenty of power but a very erratic throttle (even with the JHP throttle spacer kit), revs would be all over the place and I embarrassingly either stalled or set off like Valentino Rossi at every set of lights. Its only done 400 miles and has already been to the dealers once for a dodgy quickshifter which turned out to be a lose wire on the quickshifter connector.

So i've googled possible faults had a play with the clutch lever micro switch looked for any more dodgy connections but I couldn't find anything wrong. So I popped it down to Ducati Leeds to have the error code read. Faulty sensor on the front cylinder, I think the technician said MAF sensor but wasn't quite sure. Apparently its a common fault. Credit to the staff at Ducati Leeds for getting the part there and then and set to swapping it over and I was back on the road in 30 minutes. Top service and best of all, it was under warranty (never owned a new bike so warranty work is still a novelty for me) Got my first service booked in next week and then she'll be ready for some summer fun.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information