1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Investment Bikes For Sale

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by 749r man, Nov 15, 2016.

1. There's a lot of nice bikes for sale on flea bay over the last day or two ( foggy reps 1098r Mhr ) . Is it the onset of the the new SLs or just a coincidence.

2. Just a coincidence.

3. Brexit** :Hilarious:

**At least some on here will claim so, anyway.

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Norton have just released their £44k, all carbon, 1200cc V4. Now that is an investment bike and one of the best looking bike's I have ever seen!
    [​IMG]
    If I won the lottery, it would be my first purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Anything with the Union Flag on the back of it is cool in my book.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  6. Ah, the Brexit Norton :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  7. [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  8. I really want to love that Norton.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. It's really easy to love.

10. Not a fan of the Norton , the orange peel on the chrome paint was shocking at the bike show , carbon bike looked a bit better...
    Hopefully buyers won't have to wait as long as they did for their commandos.

11. Yes I was thinking the same about the orange peel chrome paint. Apparently I overheard one of the guys saying they were rushed together for the show, and still some bits missing like mirrors. Maybe the production ones will be better, certainly the chrome paint race bike on the stand was a better finish.

12. That's crap practice ,surely your show bikes should be the best you have,like years ago the bikes for press launches had blueprinted motors ect to show the best!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Limited cashflow and limited employees to thow at the problem. I guess Norton are then in the unenviable postion, do they launch something less than perfect or not show anything.
    There seemed lots of people showing bikes with limited pedigree hoping that style/nostalgia/exclusivity will entice people to part wih their money. Apparently the "new" Brough Superiors have a price tag around £70k. Makes the superleggeria lookk a steal.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Bull shit will always baffle brains . Old Cornish proverb.
    I also looked/oggled the Nortons and the carbon job looked brill even tho mega amounts of carbon often detract from the overall looks I thought it was superb to look at and the engine on display looked really compact

15. Didn't like the chrome bike too much blingy , Carbon was pretty cool but loved the Domis I'd rather have one of those any day :Kiss:

IMG_5599.JPG

IMG_5590.JPG

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. When I sat on the Dominators, they were all ergonomically wrong for me. the tanks are so high my knees/thighs catch under them in an awkward manner. Maybe people 6ft plus wouldnt have an issue. They look cool in a retro way, but I'd plump for a Thruxton R.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. New bike looks too much like a Yamaha R1, in terms of the front fairing, particularly the shaping around the headlights. Not really doing it for me. I think the Dominator, with its understated approach, would be my preference if I were in the market for this brand.

18. Day off today . Went for a walk . Bumped in to corser's race bike for sale IMG_0007.JPG IMG_0006.JPG

• Like Like x 4
  19. Wonder how much of it is actually corner's old bike? :)

20. Well. Apparently it was actually 1 of the 2 or 3 race bikes corser used in 99. But then it got sold to small race team in european championship and then on to collector. Bike has quite a few scrapes on it so obviously been crashed and repaired few times, so probably like trigger's broom. It is going for auction in Feb , it had estimate of 30-40k on it, so I offered 30k to buy it there and then. I think sales guy got a bit taken aback as I only dropped in to have a look 5 mins prior to that. He didn't know anything about bikes or that bike in particular so got on the phone to the owner and apparently there was misprint and the price is £65k

At this point I lost interest and bailed out

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information