1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Investment Bikes For Sale

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by 749r man, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Remind us again - who is it you are saying is the snob, them or you?

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Yes- me

3. Lack of tweed jacket. Makes you a snob you see :)
    HTH :upyeah:

4. When I worked for Henlys Jaguar about 100 years ago we had to swot up on our Jaguar product knowledge and do a full day on the stand at the motor fair car show.One of the factory technical experts let slip in the bar that all the cars were specially prepared in particular to paintwork and panel fit! These were in the XJ6 Series lll times and every panel was inspected inch by inch and paintwork "nibbed,flatted and machine polished using the best and most expensive products.I can't believe Norton have displayed poorly finished machines at such an important public show? Seems bloody commercial suicide to me

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I would have dropped my bags,taken a dump in middle of their showroom and told them to auction that!

6. I'm supervising work on 3 motor show bodies on this shift. I'll say no more ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Mind you I was only a youngster and was a bit chuffed to get the gig ahead of far more experienced and older salesman working in our dealership? Little did I know it was a death sentence and they had all swerved it! Brochure hunters,total cranke,idiots,morons,nausea kids etc - we even had to glue the cigar lighters in place! They nicked everything they could.I drew the Saturday- worst of the worst ad escaped to bar early and had 3/4 pints of Fullers ESB - it knocked me for six and I was literally hanging onto a car on the stand when a family approached me.The cars had been fitted with large circular strip type lights on The headlining to brighten up the dark gloomy interiors and this "docker" who couldn't afford a burger let alone a new Jag asked "is that the normal standard interior light?" I slurred "yes sir,it is".He looked at it again and said "you're having a laugh son" - so I said "well you fuckin started it!".Early trip back to hotel for me

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Mind you I don't know if you ever saw Jaguar/Daimler paintwork in the early/mid 70's? It was diabolical and that's being kind!

9. I'm just a touch over 6ft and share the same sentiment regarding the ergonomics, it's not a bike I would want to ride for long but nice to look at.

10. Mine too matey ! Cannot fault the looks and the choice of motor!

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information