1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 Is This A Prototype?

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by GrantShortland, Dec 23, 2016.

?
  1. Yes - rare as hens teeth - buy it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No - junk - don't touch

12 vote(s)
    100.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Nothing, just trying to learn :)

2. @Exige you have a pm

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. And what wheels did they used?
    Front can be from a 998 as well.
    But the rear not as it is double sided swingarm.
    Wonder what they made fit,monster,SS,ST?

Henk!!!

4. ST4S - so many questions ;) but mainly used 999 wheels on most of the 30 pre production bikes

5. lots of the very early 999 had the dodgy looking welded brackets in the frame . I bought a new 2003 model but mine wasnt like that . this picture is from an early brochure that has the same bracket but not as badly welded .
    ducati-999-04.jpg

6. Yes, as I said earlier - most went to Australia as this one shows :)

7. How come SA and adjusters are almost same colour?

8. :Hilarious:

9. *cough* DPA

• Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  10. Good job I don't have it then ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Wouldn't want you getting in trouble with the internet police :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. The paperwork photographed in post 56 states (if my Italian is right) that the bike cannot be registered for road use and is sold only for use on private land, or on track. I imagine that may be because as a pre-production model (whether prototype, or PP model) not being part of the production run, it does not come into the homologation for that model in accordance with EU law/Highway Code - would that be right?

13. Yes, that is one of the levers I used when Ducati refused to speak to me about my prototype - Duty of Care and all that ;) but the PP bikes were homologated for road use - maybe not the earliest ones of which that appears to be PP frame number 1 but some went on road test with magazines.

14. Nothing to say Creamy? :)

15. nerds...

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. You think they are bad, you should hear some of my Lambretta loving mates. :Banghead: They can tell you about every nut and bolt. :Meh:

17. tbh its a good thing if you are looking to buy something that you don't know much about. There is a wealth of knowledge on here.
    still nerds though ..

18. :Bucktooth:

19. You aren't refering to the duke, 2 easy or finm then? :D

Do Not Sell My Personal Information