1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 Is This A Prototype?

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by GrantShortland, Dec 23, 2016.

?
  1. Yes - rare as hens teeth - buy it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No - junk - don't touch

12 vote(s)
    100.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Its almost a DOC meeting in here right now...;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. @finm you have been mentioned in the same sentence as the Duke and TT2Easy - I did giggle :Hilarious:

3. They would have known fook all aboot it ;) but who'd have thought, the Ducati Forum UK has turned in to a Ducati Nerdy Forum instead of bickering and piss taking - come on now, lets stop all this nonsense and get back to winter abuse :Rage:

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Was I too harsh on 2Easy and the Duke with the comparison? :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. :Hilarious:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thing is, advice is often asked for. The best advice gets given, then promptly ignored.

Makes you wonder why everyone bothers, as it's a waste of everyone's time.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Trouble is knowing which IS the best advice ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. That would be from anyone south of the Scottish border ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. :Angelic:

10. I dunno. I can think of a few on the Surrey borders that struggle to accept they may not know everything :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. well, what can i say. famous at last. i wont troll this thread either. see you on the other side dude.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  12. Sorry not been back on here since before xmas, the guy who is selling the bike in Italy wanted me to take everything down from the site as if wasn't having the bike he's selling it on the open market. So to confirm the general sense of opinion is to leave this bike alone. It's not worth the £12k he's asking for, it can never be Road registered and even if it is a pre production prototype it's not worth anything like £12k not every to a collector. Thanks for everyone's help

13. I told you exactly what it was - not a prototype but a pre production bike, but didn't Ducati confirm this for you anyway? I have sales document showing 2 others with similar frame numbers and a letter from Ducati to Bonham's stating this also.
    Since you have been away I just missed out on one of these @ £5300 again in Italy - but this one was confirmed by Ducati Italy Frame and Engine number correct. Funnily enough it was being advertised as a 999R but was actually a 999S

Don't you think anyone researching to buy the bike you had been offered should be allowed this information - it's what the Ducati Forum is for essentially (apart from people taking the piss of course).

You will see I put more pictures up of the bike anyway :D

#93 Exige, Jan 2, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Yes I think everyone should know, why hide things unless you're a dodgy dealer ? If I find any more info I will post it for all to see.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Not this shit again !!!!!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  16. Drugs? Or are you hurting for some other reason :( v. strange :smileys:

17. is it just me or does this make fuck all sense?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. I'm worried because I do understand it...:Bag:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. I think sev is attacking me :Nailbiting: for reasons only known to himself :Hilarious:

20. Oh no, Nelson too :Nailbiting::Wideyed:

:Watching:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information