1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kaoko "cruise Control" (throttle Lock) To St2

Discussion in 'Sport Touring' started by MatiasH, Feb 2, 2017.

1. As I do a lot of riding on the motorway (daily commute, trips), I decided I need a throttle lock in my life. There were some options to choose from. The cheapest ones were O-rings slipped between the throttle and bar end weight, bars attaching to the throttle and when in use resting against the brake lever etc. For the throttle locks, there was Throttlemeister and Kaoko. I chose Kaoko as it seemed it would be more easier to set on and off.

After having brief email exchanges with Kaoko support (from Africa, where the product is made), I chose the DUC115 even if it states ST2 2003-04, and I have a -00. It is expensive, but I believe you get what you pay for. Ordered it from Chainspeed uk and this arrived yesterday:

[​IMG]

Installing was really simple, you just need to take care everything is installed the correct way round. First, take of bar end weight:

[​IMG]

Then put the washer on the bar end, and put the bolt through the bar end weight and the Kaoko ring. I put some medium thread lock also to the bolt.

[​IMG]

Everything in place before tightening. You can notice that on the washer, there is a small spigot, and that is the part which presses against the actual throttle actuator, and not the throttle rubber grip.

[​IMG]

And now everything tightened. It seems to work well and as supposed, but I can confirm the usage on the road once the snow melts in about 3 months :grin:

[​IMG]

That's it for this small upgrade!

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Made in South Africa. Having lived there for many years I can tell you these things are really popular. They work very well, are robust and well made. I have one on my GSA and it was a blessing.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information