1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kriega And 1299

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by mooberts, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Is anyone using a US-10 or US-20 Kriega tail pack on their 1299?
    The Kreiga website has confused the crap out of me as it refers a 'Panigale fitting kit' which does not fit the 1299 only the 899 and 1199. Uncertain now whether the tail pack would fit a 1299.
    What are the differences at the rear of the bike anyway?
    Have emailed them but no reply so thought someone here might be able to help.

Ta

2. I have the kriega US 10 & fitting kit for a 1199. On an 1199 you remove the passenger seat, fit 4 stap type things and then replace the seat, the US10 is then placed ontop on the seat and fastened down to the stap things. I can take a picture of what it looks like on the 1199 if you want and you can then compare it to what the 1299 tail end looks like, that may explain why the fitting kit isn't available for the 1299.

3. May not get a reply this week as they are at the bike show. Really good stuff. I'm a Kreiga whore! They even do ipad bags now!

4. I emailed them earlier this month and got this reply:

Hi Rosso,
    Yes there is a major problem with the 1299 which means the packs won't fit
    to the bike. Unfortunately the re-designed rear seat pad is not stiff enough
    to prevent it being pulled upwards by the straps and the location of the pad
    is not strong enough. We are trying to solve the problem with a specific
    fit-kit, but nothing yet I'm afraid.
    Best regards, Dom

#4 Rosso, Nov 30, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
  5. Thanks Dom, figured something was amiss; there goes my secret Santa!

6. Yeah I saw that; also like the 'harness pocket' that attached the backpacks and looks big enough to take the phablet type phones.

7. Replay came back from Kreiga;
    "Not as yet no. We are likely to do a kit next year for the 1299, but
    currently the only kit we do to fit to the bike is for the 1199"

8. I've got Kriega stuff, but haven't yet attempted to fit it to the 899, used it on the CBR previously.

My Main concerns are the scratching of the red paint tbh..

9. They do a specific Panigale fixing kit ( thought I read somewhere that a member had a spare one?) which attaches to existing bolts under the seat. It leaves 4 little loops sticking out for you to 'hook' onto. I use it only with the original seat & not a cowl and have never had a problem. If you are concerned you could try putting some rubber matting between your bike & the tailpack?
    Great product IMO.

10. Cheers for the feedback mate,

I have the Kriega tank adapter too, and was worried about that also!

11. A little trickier , mine has ventureshield so a fair part is protected. I have a combo 40 tail & have not really needed to use my tank adapter to 'split' any to the front or for access etc. I generally don't like riding with a tank bag & prefer to get down onto the tank when necessary to shield behind the minuscule screen.

12. Hi. I have only just joined the forum hence the very late comment to your question, but I have a 1299 and loads of Kriega kit. I made a couple of very small tweets and got the us 20 to fit with a is 5 on top. Seemed fine for a week in France and will do the same this year. Happy to share if you still need help?

13. The kreiga man took pics of how mine was fitted (899/1199 kit) to my 959. He couldn't believe how easy a fix it was as they were pissing about with all sorts of fancy fittings.

There are literally four bolts under the seat. Undo them, attach the kriega straps, do up the bolts and job jobbed.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Sounds like you're gonna have to get rid of the 1299, I'll start the bidding at £625...

15. Sorry to be a pain ET, I've got a trip coming up, any chance you can take a couple of photos with this set up?

Cheers

16. I'm away on a family holiday atm but have just taken my scrambler. Can it wait till next week?

17. Yes, perfect.. enjoy!

Cheers.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Hi Kreiga have just launched a fitting kit for the 1299

19. Cheers, just received mine, been through a few birthdays waiting for ET to post pics:upyeah:

20. They'll need to launch an auxiliary fuel tank as well for it to be any use lol

Do Not Sell My Personal Information