1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199 Kriega Tail Packs

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Scorpione67, Nov 24, 2016.

1. Afternoon,
    Just wondered if anyone has any thoughts/experience of using the Panigale fit kit to use with one of Kriega's tail packs. I have the old (pre metal hook) 20ltr and 30ltr versions and wanted to order the kit for a couple of Spanish trips coming up now that I'm keeping hold of the bike :smiley::thumbsup:

2. You should find something by searching, about screwing straps the the seat. Seems like a good fix (unfortunately not any use for 959/1299).

3. I use similar Kriega loops on the grab handles on the back of my hyper and they work really well with my 30l bag

4. I've ran kriega on the rear and the tank of mine with no worries

Kriega stuff is the tits. Does require some adjusting to get it all right but nothing major!

IMG_0267.JPG

5. Spoke to Kreiga at the show today, 1299 fixing kit is due for release in March, I was shown a picture.

6. I went on a 6000 mile trip with my Kriega kit (profile pic). It's good, dry and stable but can rub a little where it comes out from under the seat.
    I put some rubber matting under it just to avoid the worst.

7. I used electric tape/duct tape to cover those areas

Worked perfectly !

• Like Like x 1
  8. without doubt it's top kit - I've used it for quite a few years on previous bikes where it's been strapped down/under the tail unit. Just interested in finding out how stable at high speed it is when fitted using the Panigale kit. I ask as the fixing points are quite close together. As mentioned by others, I've always used some grippy mesh stuff to protect the paintwork.

9. Out of interest what size bags did you use? Looks pretty loaded!

10. Clear vehicle vinyl for me. Doubled up in the more sensitive areas..I'm not OCD really

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. It will have only taken them 2 years then.... Ducati will have a new Superbike out before the kit! ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. 20 and 2 x 10's. It was fine up to about 140 on the autobahn. Didn't test it any higher than that

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Hi I have a 1299 for which Kriega don't provide any means of fixing the tail packs. You can get them to fit with a couple of very minor tweaks. Happy to explain what I did if of interest?

14. Kriega have a fitting kit for the 1299/959 due out soon.

15. Explain away buddy, I'm going through a lot of birthdays waiting for Kriega to release theirs.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. The 899/1199 fits on the 959 like a dream. Lift pillion seat off, four bolts inside the cavity, attach kriega straps. Job jobbed.

17. Hi I will take some photos as it is easier to show you. I presume I can upload photos on this thread? Basically, take the pillion strap off the two brackets under the saddle and use the thinner gray straps that Kriega sell. This gives you a loop either side to hook onto at the front. In the space under the saddle there is an existing bolt which you replace with a collared eye bolt. Just use this to anchor your thinner grey straps to. Again, this provides a loop either side of the saddle to hook onto at the back. The only cost is about £8 for the eye bolt and about ten minutes of your time. I will take some photos as it makes it easier to explain. As Kriega say the saddle is soft so to be extra sure you could put something along the edge of the saddle to help. I spent a week in France and hit some big speeds as well as endless bends with no probs. I also told Kriega about my solution but not sure what they plan. I'll get photos over the wkend

18. Hi Fella. Photos attached, hope they help. The collared eye bolt is M8 (might want to double check), thread length 50mm and the collar 25mm dia. I can't remember where I got it from I think it was a sailing web site. Regarding the pillion strap - no loss in my opinion. The gray loop straps were from Kriega and once you have done all this, you just leave it all in place until you next need it. If Kriega bring out a better solution I will use theirs, until then this works for me. I had a US20 and US5 and all ok. I did put some hosing along the saddle edge to help. But have a play around, it should give you a cheap workable solution until Kriega sort us out.

IMG_0246.JPG

IMG_0248.JPG

IMG_0250.JPG

IMG_0251.JPG

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information