1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lambda Sensor Eliminators

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by gcon45, Dec 12, 2016.

1. Basically doing the same thing to my blade over winter, not sure you can do it without a re-map? I guess you are tricking the lamba to giving the ideal reading, I think they have a resistor or something bridging the terminals. Similar to the timing retard mod on a gsxr1000.

I have already bought the bits. I will be running a PC3 as I am familiar with these..
    Some one with Ducati specific advice will give a better answer no doubt.

I'd go HRC ecu or reflash on my honda for a bit of timing but It's ok once it's not dragging its heels, I don't need it to be an animal, just not feel like it has some sort of disconnect in the throttle response in places.

My bike being older I think the lamba only affects Idle and cruise... would have to check though.

#2 Not Carl Fogarty, Dec 12, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
  2. I put them on my scrambler, easy to fit and smooths the bottom end out. No more snatch throttle.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Id say send the ecu off to chris at cjs - he'll put a "flash map" on there effectively deleting the o2 sensors (put blankers in) and also removing the flapper valve motor and a generic race mapping...

I will say he does do this for the 1100's not sure about 796's but, the ecu is the same...

4. The 796's have a different make ECU to the 1100 (Siemens - Magneti Marelli) and no exhaust flapper valve but totally agree that if you're going to fit a de-cat &/or new end can etc. go the whole hog and get it properly remapped & dyno'd. CJS in Bristol or BSD in Peterborough are the Guys to go to for the 796 Siemens bikes (I used BSD purely due to location, Mark charged £350), you won't be disappointed as it totally transforms the way the bike rides.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information