1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Last Ride Of The Year

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Saalagora, Nov 13, 2016.

1. At least, probably last ride on the Aprilia RS 250. Will still go out on the 899 if the opportunity arises.

Haven't ridden the RS250 in some months. Tried to a couple of months ago but couldn't get it started (user error). It doesn't like starting if you don't ride it regularly. If you don't get it to start quickly it floods and then no hope (at least for me).

Managed to get it started today so thought I had to take it for a ride. Not brilliant conditions as cold and despite not having rained today the roads still damp in places. Didn't stop me having a great time. God I love that bike. I think it would be the last one I sold. Handling is sublime and I love the engine. Doesn't have much power but so satisfying to ring its neck. Comfortable too as was on it about two and half hours with no problems for knees or wrists or back. Helps that it looks great too.

2. It was a great day to go out, but I didn't. We had two grandchildren staying yesterday/last night as #2 son and wife were having a joint birthday/house warming party.

They've only just arrived to pick the little cherubs up :/

3. manged to get 80 miles on the 749 just had to watch for leaves and bit greese on odd roundabout but good few hours out

4. Been at hospital for most of the day having a tour of the maternity ward (wife is very pregnant with twins!!!) But managed to clock a hundred or so miles on the scrambler when i got the chance. It's a bit nippy but not too bad, a few damp patches and lots of wet leaves about but nice and quiet on the roads . Twas enjoyable!

5. Managed the last of the pre-first service miles, quite nice out in the sunshine IMG_3864.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  6. Today it was dry and sunny - an excellent day for a little ride around Essex by Multistrada. Since for 40 years I used to ride summer and winter, rain snow or shine, I am hardly going to balk at a mild autumn day.

7. I'll be out any time over the winter if its stays dry for a few days to clean things up. Don't mind the cold. In fact I like cold bright days. Its invigorating and a bit like wet riding its good discipline because it makes you ride smoothly as there's not much grip in the tyres or the road. The trouble where I live is the roads get filthy and gravelly and with hedges and trees everywhere they often never get dry even on sunny days.
    If I lived in town I'd be out on clean roads straightaway (I'd have been out today) but ride the fives miles to get to those roads and the bike looks like its been pulled out of a swamp. Don't mind clean rain, or even dry salt dust - its easy to wash off - but I draw the line at mud and cow shit.
    If I had the money I'd buy a 690 Enduro as a winter bike.

• Agree Agree x 1

8. Ive got a vj22 rgv it's the same motor as the rs and always starts 2nd 3rd kick
    Your problem is most likely the seals on the carbs where the choke cables enter also the float valves and the o ring around the float valve can fail allowing the crank to flood, I always switch my fuel of at a know distance from my house so that the float bowls are almost empty when parked up,these engines are usually a easy starter and easy to get running right,

Do Not Sell My Personal Information