1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Led Bulb In Dip Projector?

Discussion in 'Sport Touring' started by indiecourier, Nov 23, 2016.

1. Afternoon all.

I've just stuck H4 LEDs in my Deauvilles and they're great ..... bright as the troublesome and complicated HID I had in the winter bike until I got pissed off with the unreliability. Beam pattern pretty good, too, and twenty quid for the pair.

So, I'd like to stick one in the dip beam projrctor on the ST but can't decide if the cooling fan on the bulb will clear the speedo cable and I'm too tight to order a pair and find it won't.

So ...... anyone fitted an LED to thier ST dip beam?

Cheers

Grunt

2. No but I have a very reliable dip/main projector in the dip side with a very reliable HID kit in it too. That is on the wifes ST2. I also have a pair of halo LED running lights in the headlight.
    Would never use an LED for the purposes of seeing in the dark unless it was a factory designed unit and none of them are just an LED bulb.

3. I would think it would clear but have not tried. Dip side cover has a cut out as you may know. Can I ask where did you get the LED's

4. E Bay, simple as that! They're the SunWolf ones ..... £20/pair for H4 dip'n'main, I think the H3 were a couple of quid cheaper. Shame we only need 1!

5. For £20 you can buy a new dip/main projector, a 35 watt HID ballast and a 35 watt HID bulb, and you know it will give out well over twice the lumens as a 55 watt halogen, they are used by most car manufacturers.
    Or for £20 you can buy an LED bulb, and no one knows what the light output (lumen) is, ebay sellers will not tell the thruth on this one. You will be doing something that no car or bike manufacturer has done, fit an LED bulb into a projector and expect better light to drive with.

6. Hi indie
    Do you still have the rubber boot on the back of the headlight to keep the water and dirt out?

7. I've not tried it yet.

On my Deauvilles I had to cut quite a lot of the boot away to clear the cooling fan on the LED bulb. To be fair I had to remove almost as much for the HID bulb.

I don't mind modifying the boot ...... it's the speedo cable I think may be the problem.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information