1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

848 Led Headlight Bulbs?

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Rob687, Mar 27, 2017.

1. As title, has anyone swapped their conventional, filament type bulbs for LED's? I was following a friend the other day and he mentioned that my headlight wasn't very bright. I'm currently using osram nightbreakers and they're not too bad but i'm wondering if it's worth swapping to LED's.

Just wondering if this will have any adverse affects with regard to CANBUS errors and also with the throw of the light through the projector given that the positition of the light source with an LED bulb.

2. You have canbus on your bike? Strange my 2010 doesn't.
    LED bulbs have been covered so many times. Remember that no car/bike manufacturer fits LED bulbs into headlights that were designed for halogen bulbs, they develop a whole LED headlight unit.

3. I was only going from memory there that some systems on these are can networked? There's a good chance i have duff info there! Yeah, i agree with your ethos on the whole LED into halogen units, which is why i'm a bit wary of doing anything. I'll probably end up just leaving it as is

4. I have a pair of bi projectors in mine that give two dip and two main beams. The new headlight that I am ready to fit has two very bright angel eyes and a switch to change between angel eyes and dip in both lights.

5. Not saying that what I did was 100% correct, but, I fitted an aftermarket HID plug and play kit to my 749. The difference was brilliant. Always passes a MOT without comment.

I know that the headlight should be adjustable if you have HID fitted, but, I've had the system fitted for almost 10 years, no one has ever questioned it, so I keep my head down and say nothing.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information