1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1098 Look What I Found!! 1098s Content

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Scott21, Dec 26, 2016.

1. So today was a good day, I stumbled across an absolute Beauty of a machine. A 1098s with Baylis livery.

She's a standard bike one owner from new and with full Ducati service history. Just ticked over 6000miles and the previous owner was a gent and extremely honest. Nothing to hide and was great to deal with start to finish.

Wish all my purchases were as easy and smooth as this.

So drove the bike home 80miles tonight freezing and having to stop to warm my fingers up it was that cold. Not ideal for the time of year to be driving a bike but hay ho if there's a deal to be had you have to make exceptions!

I've only got the picture from tonight so here it is.

So happy :)

image.jpeg

• Like Like x 13
  2. Congrats! :upyeah:

3. Nice bling wheels ! :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Congratulations. More pictures will of course be required in the daylight. :upyeah:

5. A 1098 is the only bike that'd pull me from my rsv4... Very nice! Pics otherwise ET will ban you.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

6. Thats just stunning, I can understand you being chuffed...

7. So far I've only ridden it once and that was from where I bought it on Monday.

It's too cold and I don't like salt working its way into things.

So desperate to get out as I only passed my bike test last week and this is my first big bike!!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Steady as you go...:pompus:

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. You are doing the right thing Scott. A 1098S is a serious bit of kit and I don't know how much experience you have before you passed your test, but if you are a noobie, then I'd avoid the roads at the moment.

10. Cheers guys I'm coming from a background of motorcross so I'm used to 450 4 strokes.

Even though I'm 24 Im know hooligoon on a bike. Ive got responsibilities wife,child house.

I'm going to wait until the salt has gone atleast but in the mean time a full strip down and deep clean!

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. That's why I phrased it like I did Scott as I didn't know how much riding you had done. I rode 250 Motocross for years before I saw a road, so a bike moving about under me didn't phase me.

But I don't find the roads in winter enjoyable, so don't ride on them for pleasure.

Then you have the salt thing. Enjoy your strip down and clean, it can be cathartic. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  12. I'll strip you down and clean you like I'm a mama cat and you're a kitten.

• WTF WTF x 2
  13. Thread moved

14. Not sure if camel farmer means you or the bike ooh-er....

Pics or there's a banning coming on.... Et's on the case...

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

15. Trying to be funny and shocking may be ok providing it doesn't break forum rules. Being abusive or threatening is a different matter.

16. Was only joking.... Honest guv!

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

17. I'll lick the lot of you in a non threatening loving way just like a mama cat.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information