1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Looking At Buying

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by pritchi83, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Hi all

I am new to the forum and am currently looking into buying a Multistrada. I was hoping that i could get some advise on what to look out for and also how they are as a daily commuter. The bike i am looking at is currently off getting a service and the belts done so i can be sure they are done. Any other tips or advise would be greatly appreciated

THe bike i am looking at is a 2010 Ducati Multistrada 1200ABS, it is keyless and has ABS. Is it worth spending the extra for the S with Ohlins as a daily commuter or is the standard spec one more than enough?

John

2. Welcome on board.
    Great bikes and the s gets some nice bits worth having imho.
    Make sure all recalls have been done,think there was one involving the coolant on early bikes,hopefully full dealer history will reassure

3. Hey there, am also new to the forum. Welcome to you!

I just purchased a 2013 1200s touring. Blown away by the ride and handling of it, so confidence-inspiring, it was ridiculous. I really like the idea of semi-automatic suspension and found it almost surreal in its ride quality. The linked brakes are super and means that you don't need to use the rear pedal at all. Best brakes I have ever experienced on a bike. And ridiculously comfortable, too.

I think the standard model is great enough. After all, it totally blew the adventure market open when it launched. I am spending a little more and getting the next generation model as it has a lot of the features I usually have in my bikes: higher screen, panniers, heated grips. If you're getting a good deal, you won't regret it! Share some pictures please!

4. For commuting the standard bike will be fine. I've been riding into central London for about 5 years on mine.
    It's the indicator/hand guards that the the week point, they break on van mirrors too easily!

5. On a 2010-14 Multistrada (Mark 1) the brakes are not linked, although the front ones are very good.
    The 2015-17 DVT Multistrada (Mark 2) actually does have linked brakes which are even better.

Actually the Mark 1 and the Mark 2 are entirely different bikes with very few components or systems in common; they just look vaguely similar. Hardly anything is interchangeable.

6. Actually the brakes are linked from the front lever from model year 2013 on .

7. Yes, and boy do they stop the bike...

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information