1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lorenzo To Ride For Ducati??

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by comfysofa, Mar 29, 2016.

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. The text says Audi made an offer to Lorenzo. The headline calls this a "deal". Bit like The Sun, then - anybody can offer anything to anybody, but that is a very long way from being a "deal".

2. Yeah - I know but its the fact that the offer was made....I hadn't read that anywhere else...unless theyre the first to break that story and for them to make an offer means that one must be going from them currently or theyre not happy with what they've got....

3. I'd love to see it happen. We'd see how good the bike really is.

But he's currently the fastest out there on a bike that suits him. I suppose he'll be riding close enough to the Ducati over the next few races to see what it's about. Everybody already knows about the power.

4. Career Suicide

5. He wont like a bike that bites, but immaterial of what i think of him he is one of the very best and the bikes getting very much better so may just happen . That said I think its crazy contracts are being talked about now

• WTF WTF x 1
  6. True but having said that in the same vane ( I was watching losail last week ) and it very entertaining to see the ducati's just literally drive past the Yamaha. So, while more work to be done on the ducati's theyre heading in the right direction...pardon the pun...so, if the rider's level was upped they'd almost be unstoppable...

7. I think they're all repeating a story from a rumour-mill website, it's on the MotoGP site as well. There might be some truth in it but Lorenzo would have to either be pretty sure of success, or at the least a fighting chance, with Ducati. Either that or the financial package is just too good to resist. After all Valentino has done it, survived and is now back with a potentially winning package. Maybe Jorge is going to see how they do in Argentina and take it from there?

#8 Bumpkin, Mar 29, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
  8. Just need to ban those bloody wings

9. Nooooooooooooooooo!!!!

10. What would your prediction be on how he'd do Mr C.?

11. We can take it for granted that all the top teams make "offers" to all the top riders whenever they might be available, confidentially and on a speculative basis. It doesn't prove anything much.

#12 Pete1950, Mar 29, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
  12. Stoner seems to think the engine is 'done' and is beautifully smooth, good delivery, good torque etc so really the missing piece of the puzzle is a small one

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. Yeah.... But Pete, it's nice to speculate... I'd rather be talking about bikes and motogp speculation than fixing servers which is what I was doing this morning.!

• Like Like x 1

14. Think that missing piece could be Australian.?

• Like Like x 2
  15. the missing link could be Australian but I think its the handling of the bike that's in question here.. it looks like a fucken biplane and apart from straight line speed (which we all know counts for not too much ) do youal think it could be a contender? except maybe in the hands of someone that can ride around its handling faults? and I aint talking stoner here.. MM done a great job on a Honda that seems to be under powered and all over the shop like a mad woman's shite... I think he should switch to the red peril...

16. Audi should be flashing the cash at Stoner.

thread closed lol

17. This rumour has been doing the rounds for a while now.

When Rossi was asked about this he said that it takes balls to switch manufacturer - so Lorenzo will stay with Yamaha ☺️

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  18. I think the ball is firmly in Stoner's court here. Do you really think he and Ducati are poncing about playing test rider for a laugh me thinks not. He is there to see if he still has it and to show Ducati he wants it I expect negotiations to be either ongoing or hopefully will start soon. Just my two bobs.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information