1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lorenzo's Desmo.

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by duke63, Jan 17, 2017.

1. I'd have preferred him to stay on the Suzuki, just for the story. Would have been great to seem him take a new bike and start winning on it. That said, he deserves the yam ride.

I think it was Hodgson who said that Suzuki is the bike everyone looks at and wants to ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. couldn't agree more. I know the yam is an opportunity not to turn down but that Suzuki and the way it came on last year when they got some more hp... To me it would have been a great story and the bike had been developed around mv. I really think he shoulda stayed. But that said he is a fantastic rider and gets the chance to prove it against rossi on the same bike and the rest of the field. A chance to be on a tried and tested package to see what you can do against the best with no excuses must be a racers dream.

3. [​IMG]

4. those odds don't look terribly tempting do they?
    Surprised that Vinales is there.

still, when the flag drops and all that...

5. The most tempting would be an outside punt on Iannone (if he can stop binning it)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. I put the odd long term 7 or 8 fold on. Just a silly £1, but sometimes they come in. :)

Screen Shot 2017-01-23 at 12.22.30.png

• Like Like x 1
  7. Is he Tim then?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. He might not win but I am backing Rossi again . ( and Smith ) ( and McPhee of course )

9. Rossi is the man. He's the whole package and has won over such a long period on different kit it's amazing.

He's good for the sport.

• Like Like x 2
  10. I agree, at 38 years old, he's done extremely well. But, not a championship for 8 years now though. Another year older, I can't see it.

11. Still not really anyone better to take over.

Will be a shit day for MotoGP when he retires

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Agree. I remember following wsb all throughout Europe in the days of Foggy, Chili, Corser etc since they left I honestly cannot remember the last time I watched a wsb race.

I use to watch moto gp every race till it went over to pay per view so now watch it on itv 4 on the Monday but when Rossi stops and watching the current talent, I doubt I will be watching it at all.

13. it is ( was ) available on the internet ( " Sportek " ) free live streaming and often fp and qually on the saturday..

14. Free live on ten sport.com too

15. While I appreciate Rossi has made the sport what it is now almost single handed for the last 10 years, I now think the tallent on the grid is enough to give us great racing for years to come and there are some great up and coming riders in moto 2 and 3,Rossi will be missed but not as much as he would have been 5 years ago.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. :upyeah: cool,,will maybe give that a try as well,, sometimes sportek can be a bit jumpy .

17. Rossis personality will undoubtedly be missed, but yes there are a good few talented riders now who are not scared of an ontrack scrap .
    i think we could be on the edge of a good era here with some 8 or 10 good riders in the field and maybe 4 competitive makes of bikes,, yep roll on the show.

#58 2 easy, Jan 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. MotoGP / 500's cound't get anywhere near the crowds of WSB back in Foggy's day, it was an incredible time for the WSB series.

I was a massive Foggy / Ducati fan, but equally so was usually in awe of Schwantz then Doohan in the 500's. Those 2 are probably my favourite all time riders.

I'll continue to watch MotoGP after Rossi's retirement. He adds to the series, but he's not the reason I watch it. There is some exciting talent coming up and we have a smattering of Brits in there to to keep interest high.

19. If you have an Android device, download Mobdro. All sports, films, tv channels. even motogp. everything!! free

Do Not Sell My Personal Information