1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Luggage Locks

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Misterpink, Apr 25, 2017.

1. when I bought the multi it came with the panniers but the previous owner wanted to keep the top box to fit to next bike, but gave me the lock as it matches the others. So far so good.
    So he contacted me recently as he got a new lock but no black plastic seal around it and wants my lock or the seal around it????? And says that he can't get one.... means I will have the same problem though....I don't want to be mean. Has anyone else had a problem when they get a new lock not getting the plastic seal around it?

2. when you buy a top box to replace the one he took wont it have the seal on the lock that comes with it?
    Err go you will have 2 seals?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Looks like he wants to make his problem your problem if the part is available why can't he buy one

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Bizarre, he's chancing his luck. Be polite & inform him "it's not gunna happen".

5. I bought my top box separately when I bought my 1200S and installed it myself. There is no seal around the spare lock barrel which comes with the bike, so when removing the lock from the top box it may well have picked up the seal that's installed inside where the barrel goes. If you buy another top box then you'll end up with another seal.

Take it off, stick in in the post. He's a silly sod for not having made sure his top box was complete before giving you the barrel, but at least he was doing the right thing by letting you have the barrel that matches the bike ... which if he hadn't done it you might have been blissfully unaware and it could have cost you even more than the cost of a Ducati topbox because you'd have had to buy a separate lock and then have an extra key on your key ring.

If he contacted Givi directly he could probably get a spare one, since they make them for Ducati and that's the reason why Ducati wouldn't keep a parts list for the whole top box.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Of course....when I buy the top box it should be complete... you are right

Do Not Sell My Personal Information