1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mancave or( Womancave even) photos.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by eyore, Jun 30, 2012.

1. really.....not likely looking at the rest of the construction.
    Remember the sketch were the Irish builder moved the door?
    [​IMG]

2. look at the top pic mate, wall is down, I got it below my temporary supports, and hit it with the digger. Gonna put steels through once ive got the new floor in, took 30 tonne out the floor this week! got 15 tonne of hard core back in, then a reinforced 6" floor going in next. Done perimeter drains and waters inside now. Need to go back to work now cause ive run out of time and money!

• Like Like x 3
  3. oh, that lintel, no thats 12" nearer your screen than the wall, oh!! the walls gone now :Dead:

4. Got it now....I thought we were looking one way and then the other....not a step by step photo.
    30t out of the floor...my god how deep was it. I've got mine to pull down and it's about 4 times bigger. I was hoping for just 2 x 18t loads.....for the floor, roof, walls ...everything.
    I need to save up more before I proceed.

5. what's the length of the rafters? You probably could have gone up to 6x2's for em and given the pitch is quite steep done away with the purlins.

• Love You Love You x 1
  6. Ouch:grin:

7. If you're not too far from worcester and need a hand give me a shout!

8. You can come help me with minenof you like, up the road at Gloucester;)

9. Be more than happy to mate just give me a shout on here and ill pass on my details. Working in hereford currently

• Like Like x 1
  10. Noice

Was no offence mate just seen people hurt themselves before

• Like Like x 1
  11. very kind, but im near york, even family run a mile when i start me projects! :eek:

12. i don't mind the travel if theres somewhere to shower can sleep in the van!

13. i didnt do the roof, it was done when i bought it, the rafters should have been 6x2 anyway, bloody cowboys!

14. ahh, that'll be me crap pics :)
    i took 600mm out the floor to level it, you can soon fill a 40 yard roll on roll off skip. ive dug out soil, and used it all for hard core and drive sub base :upyeah:

15. lol, no, 4x2'sare fine with a purlin to stop any sag. It just if poss id go bigger to eliminate the need for a purlin to free up the space required for struts and what not and in a house where the insulation detail is often deeper than a 4x2 you end up battening under the rafters to fit it in and get the air flow so in the end it cost more, is more work and you still need struts or a purlin wall.
    looks like a cool space you have there. You mentioned steels, what are they for?

16. yeah, but if the rafters were 6x2 i wouldnt need the purlins, which were lapped onto the wall ive taken out. The steels are to replace the purlins.
    one day im going to put 50 insulation between rafters, then 100 over fixing with counter laths and long screws :upyeah:

17. You're on! When I start dry lining it, I'm calling you :)

I can make great fresh coffee and bacon sarnie and weird a mean hammer and tape ;) LOL

18. Deal man! let me know if you need help at any point along the way been doing this for 11 years now

07896139365 is my number just drop me a message

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. Hang on, he offered his service to me first, my coffee is fresher, my bacon crispier, and my weird hammer is meaner!

20. Sorry mate, no way you cn beat me in the hammer stakes :p

I have a reputation...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information