1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mancave or( Womancave even) photos.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by eyore, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Theres plenty of me to go around.

• Like Like x 1
  2. im a chippy not a structural engineer but depending on what you plan on using the roof space for and the height available, perhaps you could put ties through ( like the temporary ones you have) instead of a purlin.
    re insulation, there are products like triso super that are only 10 mm thick and hay the same insulation as 150 mm king span. Expensive yes but labor wise and the fact you don't need to cross batten it might work out cheaper and saves space

3. You can also get non regulated super quilt that is the same. look on eBay you can get it cheap!

4. just googled that. Looks the part! Like all technology its getting cheaper. The triso is good stuff, done a 15th century gate house in Bray with it , the rafters were basically branches and little depth, so we fixed ally perimeter trim to the side of em, triso and then boarded it, leaving the bulk of the rafters exposed. It was in winter and no heating on so you could really gauge the effect.

• Like Like x 1
  5. posted the above in wrong thread, anyone know how to shift it over to another thread ? ( meant to put it in stablemates thread) :weary: photo buckets playing up, took ages to add the photos

cheers

6. @El Toro will move it, but he went to bed at 9pm - you will have to wait until tomorrow :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  7. LOL Thanks mate :upyeah:

8. its all good, its a good post in any location. Hope ya dad loves it. We need more pics

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 2
  9. Done :)

10. When I ebay search that I get duvets, what tog should I be aiming for????

11. ah, that makes much more sense. When you coming to do mine? I have an incredibly weird hammer.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Haha what is it you need to do?

13. Mines a wooden garage (defo not a shed). Needs insulation and boarding inside, walls and roof and more power and lighting. Every time I cost it comes in around £2k so not happening for a while. Apparently it's not a "priority".

14. Depends if you have trade accounts mate you could probably build one from scratch if you wanted to for that or for not much more

15. it's 6m x 4.5m. And I pretty much did year before last. It's like triggers broom.

16. give me a shout if you need a hand or send some photos

17. Very kind. I won't, but i appreciate the offer.

18. ive heard, on second thoughts, you can have him :Nailbiting:

• Like Like x 1
  19. you been chatting to @Drinky ;)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information