1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mixed WSBK debut for Pirro at Magny-Cours

Discussion in 'Front Page Articles' started by mattmccabebrown, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Ducati MotoGP test rider Michele Pirro was left to reflect on a mixed World Superbike debut at Magny-Cours in France.

Pirro, who was drafted into the Alstare Ducati team as a replacement for the injured Carlos Checa, earned a solid sixth place finish in race one before sliding off on the third lap in race two.

The Italian rider was struggling with a back injury following a spill during practice at the French circuit and admitted he had 'hoped to do better' in his maiden WSBK outing.

Michele Pirro
    “We were unlucky today and my physical condition after yesterday's crash surely didn't help. After race one my back was very painful and I had to take painkillers for the second – that then finished badly. We needed a practice session in dry conditions, in order to better prepare for today's dry races. Anyway, considering it was all new for me this weekend, and considering the difficult weather conditions, I can say that I've learned a lot, even if I hoped to do better in the races. I hope to have another opportunity to race, because with more time and experience I think I can do better.”

Pirro has filled in for injured American Ben Spies on numerous occasions on the Pramac machine in MotoGP this season.

From Crash.net

Do Not Sell My Personal Information