1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mortgage

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Cream_Revenge, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Watching the news tonight they were thinking rates may rise.....

2. Mines fixed until next year, then its a contractor broker for me :)

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. I've just removed 3 1/2 years from my mortgage for an extra £200 a month. :Wideyed: No fees, 5 year fixed rate, same Building Society.

My fixed deal ended in Oct and I never thought to look at it. This thread has just altered my retirement plans dramatically. :D

Thanks Ducati Forum. ;)

• Like Like x 3
  4. Missus and I are doing a massive extension. We're only 2 years into our mortgage but managed to take £65k extra, fix the rate and the price we pay back per month is the same [emoji15]

Rates are so low we wanted it fixed for as long as possible but we've gone for a 2 year so that we can finalise things once the extension is done and wrap everything together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  5. Years ago I had to re~mortgage to allow me to buy out a business partner diagnosed with Uber blood pressure....only weeks to live....he's still around today...:Blackeye:eek:_O
    A real pain after paying off mine early'ish.:Arghh:
    I paid a £6000 fee :Greedy: and got a £265k facility at 0.59% above base rate until 2022.....
    Bank Of Scotland keep asking me to change it....:Banghead::Hilarious::Happy:
    So I would pay £175 a month if I wanted a £250K loan:Angelic:

• Like Like x 2
  6. I really need to buy somewhere, wasting money on rent is a nightmare. I just keep spending my money on more sensible things like motorbikes and can't bring myself to be irresponsible and borrow hundreds of thousands for a house!

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Went 5yr fixed. Didn't like the look of inflation going up. Time will tell if it was the right choice......

8. The only thing to consider is whether you are about to drop down to the next LTV threshold, i.e if u have 80% and are on say 2%, why fix it for 5 years when in 2 you MIGHT be able to get a mortgage at 1.5% or worst the same price of small amounts of inflation have happened.

We did ours for 2 years as she have just taken on a much bigger mortgage, hoping that in 1.5 years we can then fix for 3-5 and try to have a family

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. I am chuckling. People worried about 1.5% inflation. 4 years ago I was increasing a contract 4.5% because RPIx was at that level. :)

10. paid cash for my house when I was rich.. I am no longer rich lol

11. Detached cardboard box?

12. No bought my mothers and my house outright, would rather have in property than banks TBH

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Either you are secretly in the 1% bracket that own 80% of wealth, or it was 1975 and you used a time machine to go back ;) LOL

14. We had a mare of a time getting any mortgage on our house as a small part is a shop - huge rates to get commercial mortgage or use a private bank - in the end these guys got us a 'high street' mortgage their service was tremendous

Free Mortgage Advice - Mortgage Broker - L&C Mortgages

15. Nice...

An_Adult_shop_in_Fyshwick.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. I went there, wasn't half annoyed when I realised there was an L missing off the sign... #shouldhavegonetospecsavers

17. for the youth of your loins, no inheritance and a life of working hard ;)

18. luckily I have no kids! Tbh im gunna remove my post as its not really relevant and a bit doom and gloom. Bad day.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Wouldn't worry matey, just as relevant as those boasting they don't have any mortgage ;) :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  20. Why don't you mortgage the house and get a buy to let with that cheap money :sunglasses:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information