1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moto G P V. Formula 1 Cars

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Pete1950, Dec 27, 2016.

1. I doubt it. Bernie knows best ;)

2. too much of that article is on safety bashing , that is not an issue which can ever be debated, safety is the first and main priority and should remain so,, there are plenty of other areas which can and should be worked on to make the racing better . i sometimes thing that if bernie was given a free rein then he could solve the prob.

#3 2 easy, Dec 27, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2016
  3. Really don't see the tv attraction of 4 wheel circuit racing it bores me to sleep, I did happen across a car trackday at oulton this summer after I had been to BMC racing where my Rvf is near stoke, and despite been up close to I guess some fast cars banging round a track I have to say I thought it was total dogshit, I would rather wobble round a bike meet looking at stationary bikes than watch cars moving.

4. It was Bernie's bright idea to change the qualifying format earlier this year! I think he's had his day

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Even the drivers don't like driving the shit v6's

Seems like they're doing everything to kill the sport as a spectacle

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. I find MotoGP more "Real World" if that makes sense. F1 seems like a rich boys sport in everything it does. I all but stopped watching it just after Mansell left.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. I can't remember the last time I watched F1. Can't say I have missed it.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. I like F1.However the article is right ,in that the punishment for overstepping the mark is almost nil.Too much run off means that there is no penalty for not making a corner.That said,there isbugger all run off at Monaco.Thats got to be the most boring racetrack ever.F1 needs something,I just dont know what.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Take away the armco barriers around the harbour and watch Verstappen punt everyone into drink, taking out a few superyachts for good measure. I'd watch that. :)

10. When whether a procession of shiny cars is won or lost hinges on the length of the pit lane and excitement peaks when a mechanic drops his nuts, trips over, or catches fire, it becomes a spectacle confined to how quickly a few teams can perform a few tasks in competition with each other. We tired of that with It's a Knockout. Yet Bernie is clearly fond of the formula, that of the old BBC game show! He's come up with spraying the track with water, what's next? Something really thrilling like a different shaped steering wheel each week, fireproof clown suits for the drivers, pit crews on bungees trying to reach their car across greased mats?

#14 Borgo Panigale, Dec 28, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  11. Good article and the overly safe F1 tracks where drivers errors do not cause damage to car or any significant disadvantage are a big problem. The regulations have excluded any room for design excellence by the likes of Adrian Newey. Time for Bernie to hand over control and some fresh ideas from Ross Brawn. Lets hope that great new stars like Max Verstappen can be given the stage to perform on.

12. That would be amazing :)

13. ..throw away the rule book.....give the engineers free reign........but limit all teams to 50 litres of unleaded.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Sadly, much of F1 for the last few seasons has been little more than Scalextric.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. F1 is too much about managing the fuel and the tyres.
    No, because it would then be about managing the fuel.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information