1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motogp And Aerodynamics.......it's Only Just Begun

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by damodici, Oct 6, 2016.

• Like Like x 1
  1. dont really know,,,,,, but i like the wings,, esp the Duc ones

• Like Like x 1
  2. Absolutely. But I dislike the way the FIM continually introduce regulations banning whatever anybody invents. There is a very long list of technical improvements which have been delayed for many years by the dead hand of the FIM. And they're still doing it.

3. Not so difficult in reality, just need to create lower pressure area behind the rear edge of the double walled section by getting it to accelerate (relative to the front section) and it will drag air into the front of the structure, simples !

Predicting the effect is more difficult and will involve a LOT of computation power...

4. maybe in their own way they are trying to keep an even playing field regarding costs, ( as with electrics ) , the smaller teams can never hope to have the budget that the works ones do to develop these aerodynamic aids,,

• Like Like x 1
  5. for sure lots of bits cost lots to develope and somethings have been tried with the ECUs eg.,, but i really would hate to see the type of commonisation ( how that for a word !! ) that you mention .. personally i love the look of the wings :grinning: , and not always big is beautiful, the Suzuki ones are real small and look well neat..

6. Hey Sev, are you in the aero eng or fluid flow industry by any chance ? :)

7. I think the wings look foul and am glad they are going.
    Moto GP is a marketing exercise designed to sell more bikes. You won't be seeing wings on road bikes and people want to see a silhouette that reminds them of what they are riding, no matter how tenuous. So good to get rid.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. well apparently the " scrambler " and "hipsters " is where it is at marketing wise now,, so i sincerlly hope that you appraisal of future moto gp trends is well off the mark,,,,,

9. It's when the FIM stifle innovation to such an extent that road bikes start to introduce new features which are banned in MotoGP that you know it's going wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Have you not seen a picture of the new Kawasaki H2?

11. and before they appeared in motogp

12. We don't want bikes going 300mph though do we? It's already dangerous enough. The excitement is in the racing not in the top speed or stopping distances or whatever.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Speed and acceleration are part of the spectacle are they not?

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Development stopped in its tracks. from bikesportnews. IMG_4109.PNG

15. 1mE per month :grinning:,,, time for a career change methinks...

16. Have you actually watched the torture they call F1, that's what happens when engineering dictates, Goodbye wings good riddance, Moto Gp should be the most powerful best handling bikes on the planet ridden by the best riders, hopefully leading to the best racing .

17. Don't forget that we were down to a grid of about 16 bikes not so long ago - with more teams threatening to move on to other (cheaper?) forms of racing. It's the promise of reduced running costs that has helped attract more teams (e.g. Suzuki & Aprilia?) back to the grid. :wink:
    Personally, I don't like the big wings fitted to some GP bikes. But surely they could compromise here by limiting the size (area) of the wings? :neutral:

18. ....and KTM.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information