1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motogp Phillip Island Test

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Masklin, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Big fan of Alex, done stuff in his first years most of the aliens couldn't. He was robbed when they gave Pol the chair at Yam imho

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. JL gotta get his finger out , or is that Ducati ?

3. Vin looking like a serious threat , just hope does not beat Vally by too much

4. Oh dear.......Guess the wall in the yamaha garage has been ordered then

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. The one down the middle you mean??

6. That'll be the one:tearsofjoy:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Again: top 12 all within one second per lap, so nothing between them. And the entire field within two seconds per lap.

8. A second a lap is pretty big in racing terms, 30 seconds over a race and these teams are chasing tenths not seconds.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Cant wait for the racing to start. Looks tight between riders and bikes.
    Vinales the real deal and pleased he is getting on with the Yamaha. Champion contender IMO. Fast on the Suzuki before the Suzuki WAS really fast. VR, is probably playing the development game, looking to see where the bike is strong so it can be set up for each track..he has demonstrated a talent for race distance tactics and doesnt need to be top of the time sheets.
    Forecast for end of season;
    Vinales
    MM
    VR
    CC
    AD
    ?
    ?
    Lorenzo :) :)

That final 8th position would probably keep me happy over winter 2017/2018 :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

10. Hoping Jorge and Ducati will sort themselves out but can't see him bothering the top 5 for the first few races. Dovi's having a bit of a whinge about mid corner too.

11. Vinales is looking so strong, I wonder if MM and Rossi were giving it 100% or in safe testing mode? Makes it really hard as I'd imagine that they're not pushing at race pace, so is the eager young pup pushing to make a strong impression or is he just faster?

As much as I find Rossi a very compelling character, he is being out-ridden and it feels more often that it's circumstance rather than superior talent that puts him on the top step these days. If he's enjoying himself still, if he's having fun, then can't begrudge him being a veteran front-runner but the "it's his year" stuff, and his own mean-spirit have worn a bit thin. Marquez is still loose enough to be exciting and he needs someone like MV who is coming up to nip at his heels.

My only sadness is that MV didn't stay with Suzuki, that would have made the bike his own success whereas hopping on the M1 is still mega but the naysayers will claim it's the bike and not the rider when he nails the 2017 championship (I hope).

As others have said, Stoner has a works bike to play with, gets to ride it flat out and sidesteps the hassle and pressure of being a competitor. That's a pretty sweet deal. I'd love to see him ride again as he seems to command the Ducati like no other, but that dream looks dead in the water. Ducati have got more chance of getting Triumph-fan Foggy back on a bike in WSB I think... :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Rossi has been trying different setups. But, Im sure Vinales has as well and he has been consistent and faster through out testing. win win for me as my two favourite racers are in the same team. It would have been interesting for sure to see how far MV would have gone on the suzuki..
    Stoner, well, fast as fc.k or not, really dont miss him. Never liked him. Feel much the same about JLo. Plenty of characters out there, real racers that give their all, and without a personality bypass.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Folger and Rins,now what the fuck is that all about,7 days on a gp bike and at the sharp end.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Why ? Has something been said or is this just sensationalism from a media who can only see a sport as a little coronation street

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  15. great ain't it? Building up to be another cracking season. I can't wait!
    my thoughts echo a few of the posts above in that I think mv is the real deal and as I've said before I'm a lil disappointed that he left Suzuki.
    But all the changes of seats and depth of talent should ensure this year will be as good or better than last and keep us guessing.
    I'm one that likes to see my favorite rider or team destroy their opponents week in week out in general but I like so many riders in this field I ain't fussed. I'd really like mv to smash it but wouldn't be unhappy if rossi or mm or pedro were to win it.
    not long now before my life improves greatly!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. one more thang, I'm no fan of lorenzo or brand loyal to Ducati when it comes to the gp but id love to see him battling at the front, as when he's on song the rest of the field have to ride their arses off!

17. Too many protected species out there @PICircuit today down the field.

Any ideas who mr Pitt might have been referring to?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information