1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motogp Sepang Test

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Robarano, Jan 29, 2017.

1. Not sure that will work CJ. I think you need dedicated hdmi outlet but hope it works. Can you post on this thread pls. I tried for hours to mirror my iph5 to my smart tv but couldnt get it to work for live streaming, Need a 10yr old to show me if its possible. I needed a new tablet so got a cheapy from ebay/tescodirect.

2. Its bollox that bt spend all that money to stream it via the app and not put it on tv especially as its sillyoclock. I was doing long blinks through most of it and wouldve liked to rewind bits.
    I missed most of the 1st day trying to get it up on telly.

3. Just to put a dampener on your plans... the BT sport app won't allow TV out. They restrict it and the phone knows when you have a TV cable plugged in and the app says no. Same way it won't let you airplay to an apple TV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Gordon Bennet, don't plant anymore seeds of doubt mate, I've just invested a whole £7.95 of my ill gotten gains in this thingmyjig.

Can't see why it won't work, did some research before I bought it and it seems that this is the way to do it.

( btw I have a HDMI socket in the back of my TV, wot I normally plug the output from my BT box into)

#104 CRYSTALJOHN, Feb 5, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
  5. John, do you have a lapttop/pc with HDMI?
    Next time I see you might just have the Link you need :)

6. I have streamed from my phone via apple tv before no problem

7. Reading the blurb on the ebay listing it'll work CJ.

8. CVNTS. Hate bt even more now.

9. Anyway. Great start by Maverick and Ianone may well make Ducati rue their decision :upyeah:

10. No HDMI outlet on my laptop Gavin
    I do have this type which I use to transfer the laptops screen content to my TV.

JH thanks for heads up. Double bollocks! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1486324595.575973.jpg

11. Strange, I get a message telling me it's not allowed.

12. it works off iPad, not sure if the phone does. Had a few issues with sound tho, as in sometimes will not pass sound to TV. Its not mirroring tho, it won't allow that, it is choosing from within the app

13. @900streetfighter
    Well, I bought the 'thingmyjig' I mentioned, failed at the first hurdle as one of the things I need to do is to switch on 'Personal hotspot' on my iphone, when I tried to do this I got a message saying contact 'Three', who I use. I contacted 'Three' and was told that because I am on pay as you go this is something not available to me.

Called Bt again this morning, and again spoke to someone; who to be fair tried his best to work out why the testing was not shown on the BT TV box, was given a credit of £10 to my account as I let them know how disappointed I was that I couldn't watch the Sepang testing. Once again told that he would look into it for me and hopefully should be resolved in time for the next testing on 23-26March.

#113 CRYSTALJOHN, Feb 8, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  14. My microsoft hdmi tablet arrived and btsport app works wired to tv. As long as I can access the stream when testing's on and stay awake I'm good.
    Ive been moaning at btsport on twitter about it so perhaps theyll improve......

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ive got a feeling the btsport app on my microsoft tablet will not show stream. The app is a lot more basic and only features 123 and espn. Bastards.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. @900streetfighter

If your mobile phone is not Pay as you go- like mine, and you possibly have a contract, I suppose that the 'thingmyjig' I bought would work for you. If you would like it, as it's no good to me, PM me your address and I will send it to you f.o.c.

I'm now considering buying a Chromecast thingy and having a go with that.
    Check this out:Can I stream the BT Sport channels from the BT Sport App to my TV? | Help | BT.com Help

GOOGLE Chromecast 2015 WiFi Media streamer HDMI Micro USB Windows 7 Black | eBay

#116 CRYSTALJOHN, Feb 9, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Ok CJ many thanks. I'll pm you and try it.
    Somehow we will watch testing on something bigger than Iphone with a bit of luck!
    Cheers, Keith.

18. Pm sent John.

19. John, if your looking at chrome casts maybe look at a kodi box, lots of content for free :)

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information