1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motorbike Bubble

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Ayrton White, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Does anyone have any experiences good or bad with Motorbike Carcoon storage Bubbles?

I have had a brief search online and there doesn't look to be many options out there.

2. I know of a few people still using the car version successfully re: slowing damp/corrosion. Never gone that route myself only because of the prohibitive cost of what is basically a plastic bag (and a delicate one at that in some cases apparently) and a motor.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I've used in for years for my old triumph. Stops corrosion. I'm very happy with it.

4. I kind of made my own with a large, thin plastic sheet, a small dehumidifier and some fleece blankets.

Works a treat :)

5. The carcoon product has a charcoal filter, zipped to a base and a rear zip that allows airflow if you want to dry the bike

6. What make is yours Jon?

#7 Chris, Feb 16, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  7. Thread moved

8. Carcoon, probably been running for 15 years, changed the charcoal filter once.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Spray the bike with their csp fluid on the metal work, not brakes. No signs of corrosion as far as I can tell

10. I've had a Carcoon one for about 8yrs and it works a treat, some folks view them as a bit OTT 'cause they're not cheap compared to the vac bag type of storage bags.
    I bought mine originally because the garage at my previous house was an old brick & asbestos roof type and taking a bike indoors just wasn't an option. When the temperature in the garage went up & down in winter the moisture use to literally drip of the roof inside. The 1st time I used it the bike I put in it was soaking wet with damp/condensation, I left the vent open as per the instructions overnight and the bike was bone dry the next morning so closed the vent and just left it until the spring. I used it for 5 winters in that garage and there was never a sign of any corrosion on the bike whatsoever, I used to put all my power tools in it over the winter too. Mine came with a spare charcoal filter which I've not used yet plus the power supply doubles up as an intelligent battery conditioner/charger. If like me you have a particular bike you need to store and want to ensure it stays moisture free over the winter from my experience that exactly what the Bike Bubble does.
    So in summary, yes they're a expensive compared to the vacuum storage bag options that're out there but for me in what were tough conditions it did/does exactly what it says on the tin.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. I have a wall anchor for my bike, can I still use the bike bubble I wonder ?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information