1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MTS1200 Pikes Peak Headlights

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Feast2804, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Hi, I have recently purchased a new PP Multistrada and from day 1 thr headlights have been set high. When I took it back for the first service I asked the dealer to check and reset the lights as I'd had numerous people flash me. The dealer said that they had tried to adjust them but they were at their maximum adjustment. Now the nights have drawn in an it's dark in the mornings it's rather dangerous to ride because not only are the lights too high the actual pattern on the road is absolutely s...!! I've sent the dealer a mail but after 5 days I still have no answer. Has anyone else suffered like this and if so is there an answer or do I take the bike back and say it's not fit for purpose? Cheers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. I have not been flashed and I have stuck the aux lights on too.

3. I have got exactly the same!

4. Look at my post ( just picked up ERROR DSS )

5. Mine are fine and have been since day 1 :upyeah:
    get the dealer to sort it ! Hound them.

6. Cheers guys, best I get the bike back to the dealer and as you say 'hound them' ! !

7. Do you mean you have the aux lights or the same problem, ta?

8. I mean that I have both led lights plus aux lights and have not been flashed.

9. hi feast, you say your mutley is new? Because I thought they cured this issue, I have the older 2011 model and its exactly as you say, pointing skyward. There was nothing they could change on mine. The 2013 model is suppose to be sorted.
    vince

10. The adjustment is documented in the owner's manual.

If they can't change the position at the dealers then the adjusters are faulty and they should get it fixed under warranty.

If you don't get any joy I would take the bike to an MOT station and ask them to check the alignment - if it won't pass an MOT you should insist that the dealer and Ducati sort it out before you need a proper test as you'll be outside of warranty by then.

FWIW I checked mine last week before my 1st MOT and the adjustment works - others I've seen have said it takes a lot of turns to have any effect though - so perhaps you should spend a few minutes with a ratchet turning the adjuster a lot more than you think you might need to?

Read the manual, put the bike on a paddock stand and mark the opposite wall to show the beam setting, then try adjusting it yourself - it's not hard and it is probably quicker and easier than going backwards and forwards to the dealer.

Try both ways - if it won't go lower, but it will go higher than you are at the end of one direction of travel.
    If the adjusters work, but beam remains too high on the lowest adjustment then something is out of alignment with the headlight or beak fitments - so tell your dealer to fix it.

At least after 30 minutes effort you will know if the adjusters are working or not, and if the headlight unit is mounted right. If either isn't correct then you should put in a warranty claim.

I know people will say "you shouldn't have to do this" - but it isn't hard and if the dealer has already given up you're better off spending a bit of time to get to the bottom of it and go back with a definite fault to report - or you might even find he just gave up too soon and you'll have the satisfaction of having sorted it for yourself. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  11. +1 on the above

There does seem to be a lot of turning required on the adjusters to have any effect

12. What I will also add is that any bikes headlights needs to be checked. You should not rely on PDI / previous owner as they need to be individually set up to you. If the mechanic doing PDI is 5 stone in a wet donkey jacket , then chances are its going to be out anyway. Same goes if you add luggage or a pillion your going to want to check and/or adjust. Headlight adjustment ranks up there with chain adjustment,,,does a dealer really need to do it ?

13. hi , had same problem with my multi , great if you want to see whats in the trees , i took mine back to p&h and they fixed it straight away so your dealer should be able to do the same ???.

14. Mine were the same, very easy adjust! There are 2 adjustment screws on he back side of he headlight units,Needs lots and lots of turning but It will bring them down, it took me about 10 minutes!

15. Just revisiting a few old threads which align (yes a deliberate pun) with my problem..

I was getting flashed quite a lot yesterday by car drivers

Do Not Sell My Personal Information