1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1000 Multistrada 1000 2003r. Can't Start. Nutrual Light Always On.

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Darek, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Hi everyone.

From beginning my battery was flat, and i try to charge it but my charger was broke and put to much voltage with then blow the fuse before the battery. which are 3A and 40A fuses have blown. after that i bought a new battery and fitted it but neutral light is on always even when i try to change gears, indicators don't work and start button doesn't work. the codes come up (38.0 Can line, 37.3 Immobilizer (serial cable disconnected)). I tried connect with ecu (jpdiag) but is unable to communicate with it. i think i have a fried ECU...maby one of you guys have a virginised or immobilizer disabled ECU for sale. I found one on ebay DUCATI MULTISTRADA #2 1000DS - ECU CDI | eBay and maby one of you can use your magic with this? pls help

Darek

2. Before writing off the ECU replace the coil/injector/fuel pump relay.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Check the dash connection , check the back of the ECU for corrosion along with the earthpoints - all of them

4. I'm replaced relays end it's the same. Even if I disconnected ecu from connectors it's the same, neutral always on, indicators doesn't work...like ecu doesn't have connection, dash connection is good, ecu doesn't have Corrosion...

#5 Darek, Mar 18, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
  5. Have you checked the 3amp fuse in the fuse holder on the battery box. This is for the ECU.

If the ECU is u/s then you need to confirm if it is an HW103 version of the IAW5AM. Carefully peel back the paper labels to reveal the manufacturer ones.

#6 chrisw, Mar 18, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
  6. Yes I replace the 3amp fuse because was blown. Yes my ECU is IAW5AM HW103

7. Someone of you guys have a virginised or immobilizer disabled ECU IAW5AM HW103 for sale? Or where I can find it? Pls guys I miss my Multistrada:(

8. Since the neutral switch is always on and the indicators don't work your problem may in fact be with the dash.

9. On dash I can see how blinking indicators light but indicators don't work. Everything works good in dash expect neutral is always on. Maybe I have problem with both (Ecu and dash)? Someone know how to check it? Or maybe here is someone who can I give my multi and fix my love?

#10 Darek, Mar 22, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
  10. I going to bay ECU for my multi, can u refleshing it form my bike, or mybe u got one for sale? Please help

11. chrisw is the man to speak to, he helped me out with a an ecu problem on a Multistrada a few weeks back (thanks again!).

The HW number is very important, and you will have to get any 2nd hand ecu "virginised" to marry it up with your existing bike.

If the 40amp fuse blew that's some serious current through the wiring loom!.

12. If the 40A fuse blew the battery was almost definitely connected the wrong way round. The battery shorts to ground through the rect/reg and blows the fuse. This would explain the subsequent faults with the dash and ECU.

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. was like you said guys:( but now i have to chose where start (ecu/dash/loom) i want to start from ecu because i can't connect with

14. I found set for my multi ( DASHBORD, ECU, IGNITION SWITCH, FUEL TANK, SEAT LOCK) Do Ecu have to be HW103 IAW5AM?

15. I don't know, it will work but may not have the correct map for the MTS1000, but @chrisw can reflash it with the right one.

16. Look on your original ECU for the "HW" number, it has to be the same.

17. I found all set (dash, Ecu with my hw number, ignition switch) Should work without any modification is it?

18. That will work providing it comes with at least one chipped key.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information