1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multistrada 1200 The Most Complained About Bikes?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Borgo Panigale, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Daily postings make it seem like the faultiest bike in the Ducati range.

Is it?

• Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  2. I've named mine the faultistrada. It's shit, but then awesome at the same time. Unfortunately the times it's shit seem to be getting all the more frequent.

Too many riders just get rid once the warranty expires. How can you expect the manufacturer to make them last, when the buyers only plan on keeping them 3 years max. Ducati don't give a crap about the 2nd hand market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • WTF WTF x 1
  3. It's the way of the corporate world at the moment, unfortunately - MVP (minimum viable product).

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  4. Bag of shite .

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  5. I love my Mutleys......AND i ALWAYS GO PREPARED.
    1111 MUTLEY SPANNER.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. How old is that bag of shite you ride?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Opinions are like arseholes......everyone has one, and that's just what they are.....opinions.

2016 Multi, 3500k, not one single issue!

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. I should hope not on such a small mileage and a brand-new bike!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  9. 2010 that's done 21,000 miles. 14,000 of which have been in the last 18 months I've owned it. I ride my bikes, unlike its previous owner.

Since I've owned it, it's had a full engine rebuild due to a snapped cam, LH switch gear replaced, numerous blown fork seals, rear brake light mounting lugs snapped, the clocks randomly reset total mileage, DES errors galore, Fan relay error, a tyre guy refusing to see my bike again as it took him an hour to drill out the rusted bolts holding the exhaust on, flaking engine paint, oh and lastly... a replaced radiator.

Don't get me wrong, it can be a fantastic bike if it had left the factory in a premium condition but it's not a premium brand anymore. Every other brand out there are offering the same level of tech etc... They all cost about the same, so why pick this one? I suppose it doesn't matter if you've got it on PCP for 3 years and then hand it back.

I may get an XR or the KTM GT next year. Chances are though I'll grab a KTM 990 SMR SM or SMT. Had the SMR, miss it (thieving scum) and it will do everything the multi can just as well, just without the electronics and failures.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. No recalls then or your phone been off the hook? [emoji23]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. And both have their uses, some for reasons unknown to me.

Would I buy a used one. Nope. No doubt they are quick as shite of a shovel.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Mines in on Wednesday for a fuel sensor, it also has had a repaired tail light, excessive vibration and a neutral light fault... Great to ride though, when it works, unless I get false neutrals... The dealer calls it 'Character'.

10200 miles
    2013 bike

• Like Like x 1
  13. 2010 1200s sport. Rear shock preload error. SCU bad. Warranty item. Few recalls but overall I extremely happy.[​IMG]
    My wife calls it "Rico"

• Like Like x 3
  14. my bag of shite is nine months old

15. My long time Ducati trained mechanic doesn't like 13' and newer. If that means anything.

16. neither does this short time ducati owner!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. I haven't had one of those! Well Jel!

Maybe that'll go next. When I'm sat there fuming at my broken faultistrada, I do at least always know how much fuel I have [emoji6]

• Like Like x 2
  18. I have a 16 MY DVT and am getting my second replacement fuel sender. s third in total. i feel so lucky!!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Hate you [emoji23]

20. Is it a case of......

1. Just bad luck with the bike you bought?
    2. A small percentage of a large volume of bikes sold that have problems, and therefore some perspective needs to apply?
    3. All Multi's are built on Friday afternoons?
    4. People that buy Multi's just like to moan?

:)

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information