1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Multistrada Soundtrack

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Spinup, Feb 8, 2016.

1. So I am still searching for the right bike largely with the multi 1200 in mind.
    I took a 1200 s out and was fairly impressed with everything apart from the exhaust note. it had a full Termi system but sounded more like BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA every time I opened her up rather than the Ducati BOOM shake shake the rooom that I associate with ducatis.
    my question is are alll multis the same sound wise or would a twin pipe system sound more like a V twin !!

2. Nothing quite beats two separate exhausts for the full on boom boom shake the room vibe. I had termi's on my monster S4. Bloody lovely deep sound that would set off car alarms. When I up graded to the S4RS monster all that was lost with the cat. I managed to successfully core the standard pipes, which helped some what. Now riding the hush hush multistrada. Twin pipes, no catalytic converter is the way to true enlightenment!

3. The new euro 4 emissions test has a great deal to answer for with these new brand of ugly and quiet exhausts! I picked up my new to me Multistrada with a termi end can on it and was slightly disappointed at the noise. Sounds great when on the move but lacks that thrum at idle. As I'm coming from a great sounding big single I guess I was kind of spoils!!
    Just makes me want to keep both now rather then sell the orange beast!

4. So what's the best exhaust out there for that deep Ducati growl? I was thinking of changing the multi after my next Spain trip this year, but it's so good and suits me.... So maybe a new exhaust system is in order? I would like to get the cat off and release the hounds!

5. Mine has full Termi race system and sounds the nuts, better than my KTM 990 with twin Akra's!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Are you certain it had a full Termi decat, as opposed to the Termi stubby?

Also was this a DVT bike or the previous model?

7. Can you post a picture? Am pretty keen on the idea, and having the go- a-head from the wife has encouraged me..... Somewhat!

8. Pics...

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. SC project exhaust on my multi 1200. Sounds proper, single pipe, get rid of the cat.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Just bitten the bull it, and ordered a termignoni full system for the multi. Hurry on Spring!!

• Like Like x 1
  11. That is a lovely sound. My 2011 Mutley came with a full Termi system. Had it not the SC would have been first on the list......

12. I'm still very tempted by one of the Arrow cans, the Titanium 'works' is the favourite despite it's higher price tag but the only comparison I can find is a bit lop sided, the termi sounds squeaky so probably has it's baffle in. Also has my 2nd choice can, the carbon.

• Thanks Thanks x 1

13. I hope the full termi system doesn't sound like a sheep! what a waste of 1.5K!
    I suspect it wasn't the full system, at least I hope not given I'm having mine fitted in a week or so.
    Here's a good vid showing the difference in sound anyway:

14. I ended up with a full Leo Vince system after finding a near mint condition end can on ebay, it had a deep bellow to it but I wouldn't describe it as BAAAAAA... So far I have failed to get a decent vid of it but there is this one...

I really like it.

15. I have a carbon Leo Vince end can for sale in the for sale section of this forum, I don't think they are available to buy anymore.

It's in as new condition and mated to the Leo Vince de-cat pipe it is the best option for the sound you are after.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. I won't argue with that...

[​IMG]

17. I love my LV full system (especially following a CJS remap) - need to remove that fugly sticker though ;-)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. If my 1200 didn't already have the full Termi on then I would be seriously considering this beauty.....

image.jpg

19. Why would you go for a that over and above the termi?

20. I wouldn't necessarily. But I like the look and depending on the quality and sound I could be tempted!
    :smiley:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information