1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1198 My 1198

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by cookster, May 19, 2016.

1. hi guys thought id share my pictures of my base 1198 which i bought from ducati aylesbury last year and slowly been getting it to the way i want, its not a mega spec bike but just enough i think, it get well ridden and does plenty of track days hope you like it.....

its got a 70mm termi system with slash cut cans with ecu to match

hyper pro steering damper

1198s wheels painted wsb gold

carbon frame protector,mud guard,hugger cam belt covers.

brembo sc pads

ohlins ttx rear shock

pazzo levers

cnc foot pegs

20160519_1649481.jpg 20160519_1653511.jpg 20160519_1654281.jpg 20160519_1648361.jpg

• Like Like x 16
  2. Glad to see the TTX is getting used as it should, mate. (something I could never do) :upyeah:

But those mirror blanks... They just look fantastic!:Snaphappy:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. @bettes yeah they look great mate and what a difference that ttx makes over the standard showa shock, once I've saved some more money I'm going ohlins internals up front too! :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Looks fantastic :) not many about with that colour combo, very very nice !!!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. @Ducatisti1098 yeah I'm really pleased with it, looked at a few white bike with the gold wheel combo looks cracking in the flesh wheels are finished beautifully.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Great looking bike. How do you find it on track?

7. @duke63 its great on track mate actually prefer riding it on track than on the road to be honest, I found it easier to ride than my old 748/853 track bike, as the bigger engine is easier as I'm not revving the tits off it to make it go faster it's already blisteringly fast. Touch wood it's been great nothing fallen off or leaked. Plus I can ride it to the pub when I finished! I put some d211 Dunlop's and brembo sc pads on it and that was it really for the track so it cost me less to run than my old 853.

#7 cookster, May 25, 2016
    Last edited: May 26, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  8. After last week's Panigale trackstar day, I have been bitten by the bug to get back on track but on something that does not need to be revved too hard and that i can ride to and from the circuit. It wont happen this year but looking at a 1098/1198/1199. I have never ridden an 1198 but been told they are a bit of a beast of an engine. Anyone have any comparisons to an 1199?

9. The 1199 has its knockers for for because it didn't have the beast low end grunt of the 1198. I haven't ridden the 1198 but have ridden a 1199 and I thought it was a little like a 2 stroke where you either rode it in the 'power band' which is frankly pretty quick, or rode it underneath that on the road and still made good progress, just with more shifts than something like a 1198 (I would think)

I was actually shifting gear more on the 1199 than the 848 evo I had, when I wasn't 'on it' if that makes sense?

Coming from a 748/749 the 1199 will be plenty torquey, but I think coming from 1098/1198 riders could feel a little more frustrated.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. i think the base 1098 then mod the suspension would be my best bet if i was going to build a dedicated track bike again. i quite like the simplicity of them but then the 1199's are amazing track tools also, but as phill748 says they are a peaky not in a bad way just different, i personally prefer the riding position and the grunt of the 1098/1198.

11. Lovely looking machine.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. She lovely.

Are the mirror blank also indicators?

13. No mate there just blank plates. Just use um for track days. I put the mirrors back on when on the road.

• Like Like x 1
  14. really clean looking bike. I agree, the white with gold wheels look is really good.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Cheers mate. It looks great when the sun is shining on it I quite often just sit in the garden with a beer and just look at it. My misses thinks I'm nuts but i can't help it!!

• Like Like x 2
  16. i just bought 1198 and planning to go down south of france on it late summer. can't wait and looking at your pics can't wait even more!

17. @yev that will be an epic trip mate, only thing I would be annoyed at on my bike is stopping for fuel every 70 miles, hence why I'm looking for a higher capacity fuel tank.:upyeah:

18. yeah,mine is with alu tank which is apparently larger capacity. fuck- is thats all you get out of it? 70 miles? mental

19. aluminum gas tank that saves 2lbs and adds .66 gallons of capacity.
    fuck all more basically

20. I thought that the alloy tanks held about 2 litres more than the std one?
    Those beater tanks are good value. I wonder if they have started exporting them to uk again now.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information