1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

996 My New 996 Sps

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Blink., Dec 24, 2016.

1. Yeah you're right Cooky those pegs crack all the time they're bloody rubbish as are those flimsy carbon heel guards you need to bag em all up and send them to me and I'll exchange them for some nice original parts :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. I think if the replacement parts are good quality items (DP rear sets, carbon, Ohlins damper), I certainly don't see them detracting from the allure of the bike. I wouldn't be removing carbon air tubes to put plastic items on, even if they are original. You can always buy the original items and keep them in case you sell the bike if it bothers you.

The fact the vultures are circling should tell you what you want to know about the quality of the items on your bike. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Many thanks for all your help and ideas. I am sorry but i will not be selling any parts from this bike.But I will be looking for genuine replacement parts. The lower fairining left and right being the start. Many thanks. Martin

• Like Like x 1
  4. I've got a set of standard air tubes with air filters if interested

5. Hi , How much do you want for the pair?
    Thanks. Martin.

6. That's the best way Martin.

I have all of the original parts from all of my bikes wrapped up and put away. They are sometimes worth more than performance parts when the bikes get older and good parts are hard to find.

It's tempting to sell some stuff like my 1098R wheels, but in years to come I'd regret it.

7. Ok Chaps I am replacing the tank fuel filter to night,
    sitting in the bottom of the tank was this. Any one know what it came off?
    Thanks. Martin.

IMG_3463.jpg

8. Just a wild guess Dave, but I'm thinking it came off your bike :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Could it be a Datatag,

10. Does it have a hole all the way through?

11. Yes the bike has Datatag should I put it back in the tank/

12. Yes It does have a hole all the way trough.

13. Are you Attila the Hun?
    Sorry wrong game...;)
    It looks like the little grommet that should sit under the fuel cap above the breather hole.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Mr road Trip wins the prize !
    I also found after his suggestion a small round magnet type thing(that says Datatag on it) that has come from the centre of it .
    Many thanks to every one, this is such a friendly helpful forum.

16. We aim to please. though on this case I didn't really help.:Shamefullyembarrased:

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. I Have restored many bike's and cars in my time but this bike is such a nice bike to work on technically it is so nicely
    built.
    Even though it had ten year old cam belts ( unused all but 200 miles) and the bike not used since 2006
    It had been kept in a Office, I have been doing all the normal recommissioning I checked out the belts today.
    They looked and felt like new.
    Its funny buying a bike having never heard it run let alone ride it !
    All the fluids done ,oil brake clutch,coolent It all checked out so well, Tappets were all well in tolerance It would have been so easy to put belts on it but a nice Ducati stamp in the book is needed.
    Aylesbury Ducati here we come. The main thing being I went for a start it went third time!
    wow So looking forward to a ride.
    Happy new year.
    thanks. Martin.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Ok chaps, next project on this bike (996 SPS) who has a original tail hugger and chain guard for sale.

19. @Blink. BTW did you get the cover and matching stand they were all shipped with?

20. I got the matching stand but not the cover.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information