1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 The New 1299 - Updates

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Advikaz, Jan 14, 2017.

1. Will give it a go. Need to tighten my chain too. ☹️ Need to buy some tools for that one. Only done normal swing arms before.

2. What size allen key did you use on the bar ends?

3. I can't remember mate I'm afraid ... it's a fairly big one, not the usual you'll find in your average tool box.

4. If it's the same bar ends as on the 899 they are a 12mm. You should buy one of these sets of eBay...£10. Then you got it all :)

IMG_5956.JPG

5. If you want to do it properly, it is a T60 torx bit.

6. updates

So I've ridden the bike twice now, just shy of the 200 mile mark. What a bike, the power is effortless, the quick shifter and autoblipper is fantastic, the brakes are like riding in to a wall!

Unfortunately as some of you may of read yesterday I've managed to cut my tyres up somehow, bit annoying but hey could be worse.

I've currently got a warranty going through with Ducati over the chain that in my opinion simply isn't good enough for a premium bike. The chain was rusty the day I got the bike and it's not seen any wet, so I'm looking to come to an arrangement with Ducati over a gold chain... as I did with the 899.
    - further this I 'may' change the gearing, the 899 never liked traffic but Jesus Christ the 12 is hard work at very low speeds. First gear chugs away, anyone got recommended rear sprocket sizes they've tried and tested? I went up one on the 899 and it did make a bit of difference in slow traffic....

Also my right hand mirror assembly keeps coming loose which is a pain in the arse.

All in all the bike is phenominal, I've not ridden another bike that feels so nimble, okay it's not as stable as some upright in my opinion, but in the bends it's stunning.

I am finding the standard seat stupidly slippery which is odd because I ran the standard seat on my 899 after not getting on with the comfort seat and never had this issue ? When you hit the anchors it's time to smash your knackers in to the tank - ouch!

Fuel range, I did gasp slightly on the first ride out, as the bike took £20 and the light was on before 80 miles... not ideal as my Sunday rides are usually more than 80.. and I was riding gently. But I did seem to get more to a tank yesterday without the light coming on so fingers crossed it'll improve.

Just hoping for some better weather now so I can get to know her more.

There's no escaping that the 1299 is still a physical bike, I've got used to them because I've owned two panigales now but I let my father in law ride it for 20 miles and he really struggled with it. I rode his fireblade which I've not ridden for a while and it all felt so easy compared to the 1299. Smooth & comfortable which let's face it is everything the duc isn't. But that's partly what makes the ducatis different.
    You still definitely know you've ridden a 1299 lol, id say they're the most physical bikes I've ever ridden.

Quick pic of me in a familiar place... ha ha

IMG_1473.JPG

IMG_1472.JPG

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. You need a tail tidy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. You may want to consider another claim for the mirror too. If the bolts are tight but still loose it'll be the hinge point. Its a known issue I think but check 1st?

#68 samieb, Mar 5, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. i had a 899 and never had a problem with the seat ,but when i changed to the 1199 i had the same problem with it being very slippy. i changed to the race seat which is much better although a bit higher

10. Odd isn't it.. they're supposed to be the same seat from what I gather ...

Maybe the sheen will go eventually...

11. A pal of mine uses the race type 899 seat on the 1199. Not quite as high as the race 1199 version but similar outcome.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. I've put the DP race seat on for the same reason, stock seat was awful and amplified when wet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. The ducati seats are all the same. One type fits all. It is either standard, comfort, or race. No differences between models.
    The standard seats are pants. Changed on my 848/959/1299. Tried the comfort, and although it was grippy, it was too soft.

I have a spare DP tail tidy if you're interested.....

14. Is it just me, but I don't mind sliding around the seat especially when I'm trying to hang off it.

15. I was looking to go down the evotech route .. but feel free to PM me a price buddy and I'll certainly consider it

Cheers for the heads up

16. I agree to an extent however this is too slippery, like no control slippery

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1

17. What witchcraft is this? 0000 wool and Autosol?

Did you do it on the Akros too.

My 1299 is crying out for this its stinking

• Like Like x 2
  18. Evotech is the best of the conventional ones. Although I have just gone the New Rage Cycles route on mine....
    IMG_4238.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  19. How much do you want for the DP tail tidy?

20. Nope not needed. I already have 1.

It may have been the comfort seat he has, as it is not as tall as my race version.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information