1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199 My New Baby Today

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by bomaris, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Hi Folks well my 1198 has gone and my new baby got picked up today, just got to work out how all the switches and bits work, taking her down to Daren at MCT on Tuesday to get the suspension set up, and a few bits to buy along the way, has any one got a ventura rack for it? i have got an 1198-1098-848 rack and L brackets for sale i will put them on the parts for sale later IMG_20150620_111426.jpg

• Like Like x 12
  2. Very nice , enjoy it :upyeah:

3. oohhh,ooohhh let me know how you find it mate im thinking of the same change,but thinking of the 1299 route, i do love my 1198 but the new pani does look amazing.

4. I'd love a pani , maybe next year .

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Well i've ridden it today fantastic, going out tomorrow to Snetterton BSB give it another bash, still trying to work out all the switches:( i have traded in a 1198 to buy that one, that was a nice bike but a pig to ride around low revs

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  6. yeah i agree but in a funny way i like the stubborness of it. but as said i love the panigale, did you ride the 899 at all??

7. Yes i did, my son rides a 675 daytona he keeps saying the 899 would be better for me, so i took one out for a ride, i did say to him i wouldnt go to fast! i red lined it 3 times down little country lanes, i think i may shag the engine quicker than my old 1198, then i took the 1199 out fantastic, plenty of grunt, decided that was the one for me, still smilling:Happy:

• Like Like x 1
  8. sounds like you made the right choice mate dont think id get on with a 899 after the 1198.

9. Looks lovely Bomaris hope you are enjoying yours as much as I am mine :)

10. Cheers Marty, have you just bought your Trici? i see you are in Norwich area

11. Yeah only had it a couple of weeks and yes just outside Norwich
    Where are you ? As I see it was picked up from seastar

12. I live in Hevingham, did you buy yours from Tinklers? with about 6k on the clock

13. Not to far away then I live near Loddon

No I bought mine from Moto Rapido 2012 with 1700 miles on the clock and cheaper than the tinklers bike lol :upyeah:

14. Hi guys and girls i managed to take mine down to MCT last week to have the suspension set up, un- believable, the set up was a tad hard for road use in sport mode he has now changed the oil and springs and set up the TTX and electronic settings, smoother on normal roads, lighter too turn, changing from sport to wet is fantastic, he has softened up the wet mode for rubbish surfaces also back to 120 bhp (as normal) but you can scream her through all gears, when you put it race mode its insane!:D

• Like Like x 2
  15. Sounds like a worth while trip then
    Good news :upyeah:

16. Nice one... Now the fun will begin... "rip this bit off" .. "put this part on"...

17. Enjoy, you wont go far wrong with the 1199s.

18. Had the same treatment from MCT, it's a must do on these ;-)

19. As a matter of interest, could you share with us the details of the changes done to your bike ? I have become used to my 1199s in standard trim, Sports mode, but am curious about the softer suspension you have fitted. Thanks in anticipation :)

20. To be honest, it was Daren at MCT that has sorted it out, i know he has softened the suspension via electronics on Wet mode and a little on sport, but most was changing the oil springs and fitting new valves and spacers to the front end, i now know he his booked up until September/October but give him a ring 01449777161 he is very busy!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information