1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Mystery: Fully Charged Battery And Yet No Life From The Start Switch At All!!

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by TonyMNo1, Jan 3, 2015.

1. forgive the intrusion, not seen this on a car key yet so the key is powered for immobilizing? and not a chip thats powerd up from an antenna?

2. They come with 2 keys Fin, a black "active" key fob and a red "passive" key. The black key has a battery and talks to the bike from up to about 1.5m or so. The red key will only work if you hold it close to the aerial which is mounted under the dash. If the battery in the black key fob is flat it will still work in "passive' mode. i.e. You need to hold it just under the dash, close to the antenna. So it would seem that "passive" mode has the transponder powered from the antenna. In active mode it is powered from the on-board battery.

3. doh! keyless entry. fin yer a tube. cheers.:upyeah::smile:

4. You got that right :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Edit....

6. From the workshop manual...
    Screenshot 2015-01-14 19.37.39.png
    Mine definitely works at more than a metre

• Like Like x 1
  7. In practice I find that when the black active key fob has a flat battery, trying to use it as a passive key does not work very well at all. The red passive key works a lot better.

• Like Like x 1
  8. :upyeah: Pete and Derek some really useful additional 'reflections' + indo' on what can clearly at times be a rather confusing situation. Thanks for sharing, if I had considered perhaps more logically when I had my issue, then maybe I would have had less to 'sort'. :cool:

9. Today I replaced the CR2032 button batteries in all my active keys. Not that they were flat, but I didn't want to wait until there is a problem. Only took a few minutes and now I needn't worry about those batteries for at least another year.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Pete1950, my batteries in DVT only last 2-3 months. I carry spare batteries. Some Harley guys were amazed once when I used the passcode as I had left keys in garage.

11. I expect them to last normally a couple of years, or one year at the very least. 2-3 months is ridiculous, and you would appear to have a fault which needs to be fixed - presumably under warranty.

12. Kill switch, relay??

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information