1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Higher Bars On St3

Discussion in 'Sport Touring' started by bfaherty, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Hi Gang
    Im older now, been riding 40 years and like a upright riding position. Got a bunch of bikes, mostly older Bmw"s, 1 roadking, and a st3. Had a nice super sport for a long time and didn't mind the forward riding position, but now prefer to sit upright. This st3 has peg lowers and helibar risers on it. I get sore wrists and am leaned over at just the wrong position. I need to be a little more upright. Short of selling the bike can you recommend higher bars.
    Thanks
    Brian

3. Hi again
    No responses to higher bars on my 05 St3. I'm looking to learn from the
    mistakes of others because I won't live long enough to make all the mistakes myself. So if you or anyone you know has put upright bars on an St3 let me know. If you think I'm crazy or it is not a good idea let me know. It's a great bike and I hate the idea of selling it.
    Thanks
    brian

4. Problem is the HeliBars seem to be as high as you can go, there are a couple of German companies that do actual handlebar conversions (LSL is the one that springs to mind) that look very trick with a new top yoke, clamps and bars, check those out Buddy, beyond that I guess you're pretty much in no-mans land, as people who wanted a more upright riding position bought a mk1 Multistrada 1000/1100.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information